Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Series 1 Berlina fog lamps

Loupy31

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Wagon
Hi,
Ok I have a series 1 berlina, getting hold of the fog lamps, the bessils and the bottom part of the front bar with the lamp holes, Is no problem.

The head lamp switch has the pull out for fog lamp feature.

the problem is on the dash there doesnt seem to be an indicator for the fog lamps and in the fuse/relay box in the engine bay, there is a spot for the fog relay but no wiring going to it. has any one had this problem and if so how do i get it all happening.

Loupy31

kave1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2 v8 berlina
series 1 & series 2 must use a different instument panel because if you order a panel from holden you have to specify whether it's for a series 1 or 2.Cheers

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
yeah i think they do use a diffrent cluster

VY SERIES 1-has a grey plug on the dash cluster

VY Series 2 and all VZ's use a Blue plug on the cluster

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
i should mention, the cluster's not interchangeable

and also your cluster should work, cause it was an option on Series 1 berlinas, and standard on Calais

also by memory if you ring up holdens, you might be able to purchase the foglight accessory wiring loom, as what i've been told in SA from VT onwards they had the main loom, then if the foglight were ordered, they plugged in that loom aswell etc

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
im confused im about to do this conversion myself ive ordered all the bits but have been told there is no loom available for purchase

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
the light switch should pull out to turn the fogs on.if it doesnt then you wont have the loom in your car.mine didnt.you may be able to change the switch & get an auto electrician to wire it in,i dont know i didnt go down that track.i just got a little switch fitted on the drop down panel of the dash,down under the light switch.is in easy reach & just lights up when its on.be careful where you put the switch and make sure there is nothing behind it when the panel is closed up.pic attached
cheers
warrick

Attachments

• light switch.jpg
    light switch.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 1,321

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
your switch is pretty neat but id rather have it wired to the factory headlight switch.

i stumbled accross a website last night showing how to hook up an aftermarket set of fog lights to the factory switch.

so i guess i use the same method with the genuine set seeing is i have no loom in place.

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
the are 2 types of factory swiches, some have the foglight logo bit on the part you hold to turn them on/off/parkers/auto

other dont have that which means no foglights

i have a factory workshop manual so i i get time i'll sus it out- for ya

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
the are 2 types of factory swiches, some have the foglight logo bit on the part you hold to turn them on/off/parkers/auto

other dont have that which means no foglights

id say not actually having fog lights in your front bar means no fog lights :rolleyes: