Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY series 1 Exterior Door moulds / bump strips

monaromadness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Hi,

Hoping that someone can help me -
My car is a series 1 VY & the door bump strips are falling off (Common fault), I want to replace them in such a way that they wont fall off again.
I know they are held on by double sided tape on the top & Sikka flex adhesive on the bottom.

My problem is, I don't know what type of Sikka flex they use & there are quite a few different types. The guy in Auto One had no idea which one to use so he couldn't help.

Does anyone out there know what type of Sikka flex adhesive is used on these bump strips?

I would really appreciate any help & advice

Thanks

350CI

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II
my best advice would be find your local car window tinter or sticker maker and ask them.
i asked my local tinter who also does car sign writing/stickers and they just gave me a piece of what they called "the red tape" which was just a red double sided tape but it has been holding my drivers door bump strip and my dash SRS emblem on for 3 years now.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
i used the sikaflex 221 from bunnings to put mine back on, with the heavy duty tape from Mitre 10