Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy series 2 clubby- srs airbag light and instrument cluster replacement

Blackvzcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY series 2 clubsport
Hi all,
I just bought a vy series 2 clubby and it has an srs airbag light. I am not sure what causes this but I have read that it can be if the instrument cluster has been changed.
Could anyone help with
1. How to remove the code, my autel scan tool won't pick up the airbag system.
2. Do hsv put any special marks to know if the cluster has been removed?
3. I think the car must have had a differentbecu put in it as when I run the vin check it comes up different to all the other plates on the car. Can I update the vin in the ecu?

Thanks in advance

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It can all be updated. Its going to need a higher end diagnostic tool, preferably a Tech2.

The cluster will have an airbag mismatch. It thinks there are more airbags and can’t find them.

The VINs can be changed by an experienced Technician.

Blackvzcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY series 2 clubsport
Thanks mate for the info. Could the sirs light be also caused by removing the seats without disconnecting the battery?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
It would be insanity to remove seats with airbags without deactivating the SRS system.

To find out more is going to require a high end diagnostic device. That will tell you exactly why the light is on.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If anything in the SRS system is unplugged then the key turned on, it will set the light and will need turning off with a Tech2. The battery doesn't need to be disconnected to unplug the seats, but the key has to be off while they are unplugged.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
If anything in the SRS system is unplugged then the key turned on, it will set the light and will need turning off with a Tech2. The battery doesn't need to be disconnected to unplug the seats, but the key has to be off while they are unplugged.
i always make a habit of taking fuse out no matter what when working with those yellow wires.

Blackvzcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY series 2 clubsport
Thanks everyone for the responses and looks like i need to take it to someone with a tech 2. Thanks again

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
A mobile mechanic might also be of assistance

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I have this light on as well....Mine is caused by resistance behind the steering wheel....ie, sounds like it is dirty behind the steering wheel, with the contacts...Haven't taken the steering wheel off yet to clean for it to be reset

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
I have this light on as well....Mine is caused by resistance behind the steering wheel....ie, sounds like it is dirty behind the steering wheel, with the contacts...Haven't taken the steering wheel off yet to clean for it to be reset
probably fuked clock spring.

Reactions: Lex