Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY series 2 S pak

Discussion in 'VY - VZ - WK - WL - V2' started by devilly, Jul 15, 2018.

1. devilly

devilly Guest

jeyr.jpg ser.jpg wo3u4.jpg aie7r.jpg So I parked my Vt wrecking it now and got a VY :) I have been working on it flat out and doing a lot to it here are some pics of how I got it .... then some changes I have made :)

afstruct likes this.
  2. devilly

devilly Guest

Here are the start of my changes :)

painted cover and strut brace on.

gauges and stereo in.

seat covers front and back.

leather hand brake and shifter done.

Will post more later IMGP0478.JPG IMGP0478.JPG IMGP0728.JPG IMGP0736.JPG IMGP0734.JPG IMGP0685.JPG IMGP0666.JPG IMGP0492.JPG IMGP0493.JPG IMGP0496.JPG

afstruct likes this.
  3. devilly

devilly Guest

So the wheels had gutter rash really bad so I removed the over hang, then putty them up then sanded then painted all 5 wheels then painted rotors and calipers then took all 5 wheels got them balanced. Now they are on my car. Had to roll around on my vc sle rims for a while YUK. IMGP0616.JPG IMGP0617.JPG IMGP0825.JPG IMGP0832.JPG IMGP0831.JPG IMG_0064.JPG IMG_0064.JPG IMG_0033.JPG IMG_0076.JPG

Attached Files:

4. devilly

devilly Guest

5. rossybob

rossybob New Member

Members Ride:
    03 vy berlina
    Great job, well done

devilly likes this.
  6. Lex

Lex Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
    Yes l think you did a good job too.
    They look better than those sle's.
    I noticed you painted your calipers, did you rebuild the brakes too. I also liked
    GM decal on the caliper.
    Good job all round.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    devilly likes this.
  7. afstruct

afstruct Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
    Brakes and wheels look great.
    Always liked the cosmo colour .
    Like the purple colour in seats but covers will help keep them in good nick.
    I love the look of my maloo seats and they're in good condition because previous owner and myself have used seat covers and taken them off regularly and cleaned.
    When I do I usually go for a month or two with no seat covers because I love the seats but then I think I need to put covers back on to help keep them in good nick .

devilly likes this.
  8. devilly

devilly Guest

Thanks for the replies, I had to drive around with those sle rims on while I worked on the other set. it was great to get them off I tell you LOL :) Yeah I shampooed the seats and then when they dried put the covers on. it was just a bit too purple for my taste. Yeah you know me Lex the brakes got a good work over and even regrease that pivot pin and readjusted the hand brake while I was doing the job :) dropped the old fluid cleaned out the lines and then bleed them too :)

9. evBenji

evBenji Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VY Commodore
    show us the back mate, i got a pure black VZ ss rear garnish u might like for sale in adelaide. it look brand new not a scratch on it

$_20.PNG

$_20 (1).PNG

10. evBenji

Members Ride:
    VY Commodore
    id take the side V6 badges off
    love how u painted the rims, great work
    are they those black ebay rear velour seat covers from ebay?
    the stereo aux cord i drilled a hole under the garnish and tucked it away into the dash then it comes up next to my seat belt buckle
    something that looks incredible are black leather door inserts, i managed to get 3 looking for a drivers side
    sway bar on it - killa

11. devilly

devilly Guest

The seat covers your correct velour so nice to sit on :) got them from Super Cheap Auto. Ah already have some leather inserts on the way in the mail :) cosmo purple I think the colour is then I can tuck the originals away. Okay heres pics of the front and back from when I got it and then the changes I have already made :)

12. devilly

devilly Guest

13. evBenji

Members Ride:
    VY Commodore
    ahh the car is purple not black?

:) u debadged the boot

got nice foggies too

the super cheap covers are for vy commo specifically?

whered u get the leather inserts

i updated my number plates for $20 and the new ones supplied by the state gov are just a pure black & white with all the festival state crap gone looks mint, just the hottip

i just saw rear SL springs on gumtree cheap if youre looking

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  14. devilly

devilly Guest

Yup a very nice Purple :) I love it :)

Yeah got the switch in just got the relay and wiring up to do on the foggies :)

Dunno the chicks down at my SCA know me very well and grabbed them for me I think its a size thing they go by, just say for a vy and they will sort you out.

ebay for leather inserts.

I go fe2 on mine and then wrecking my Vt which has heaps of good parts kyb front struts pedders springs all round e.t.c.

Thanks for the heads up on the gumtree, don't use gumtree much for second hand parts as you sometimes get lemons.

Yeah I have a really great person that helps me with a few things with this car, hench the debadging :)

Ah cheers about the plates bugger I will look into that one Thanks for the Hottip :)

Before anyone gets the wrong idea I'm a female :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2018
  15. devilly

devilly Guest

IMG_0102.JPG Next project to do nolathane front and rear, look what father Christmas put in the post for me :) All this for under $500 bargain.

16. evBenji

Members Ride:
    VY Commodore
    hoping youre a millionare or something cos soooooo much going into a silly car that next week a random granny could sweetly drive into a write it all off

anyways none of my business

noticed your stereo cords and wanted to show you how to hide them away.... drilled a hole underneath the fasia and got a super long extension so that the phone cord comes up next to the seat belt buckle...

20180721_122228-756x1008.jpg

17. evBenji

Members Ride:
    VY Commodore
  18. devilly

devilly Guest

Nope not a millionaire don't need to be one when I do ALL the work myself so no over heads of someone else's labour. Just wise with money and finding good deals if you look in the box you will notice the top bearing and front bush easy add up to $500 from the shops so all the rest is basically FREE..... Its not a silly car that's your opinion. it will be a safe car that's gets me from a to b and drives nicely as well :) Darn your a negative person... what the heck have I done to you... anyhow don't matter I feel so good right now as I just got my leather hsv inserts :) :)

Thanks for the idea of hiding that cord away. I might grab a new deck soon so not fussed about it for now :)

afstruct and Lex like this.
  19. devilly

devilly Guest

Lex likes this.
  20. evBenji

Members Ride:
    VY Commodore
    Haha all good devily :) just overwhelming how much your splashing around, each to their own i guess. remember you might spend $10,000 on it but will only ever sell for $3000 if sold it tomorrow

keeping a list of how much your spending

im the same, have spent $2500 on it since august and bought it for $3300, couldnt sell it for more than $3000 tomorrow i reckon

Just got offered a price $100 bucks for 2 front leather door inserts... rip off!!!

A guy selling chrome door handles for 200... another rip off