Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY series 2 S pak

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Haha all good devily :) just overwhelming how much your splashing around, each to their own i guess. remember you might spend $10,000 on it but will only ever sell for $3000 if sold it tomorrow

keeping a list of how much your spending

im the same, have spent $2500 on it since august and bought it for $3300, couldnt sell it for more than $3000 tomorrow i reckon

Just got offered a price $100 bucks for 2 front leather door inserts... rip off!!!

A guy selling chrome door handles for 200... another rip off
Its not what you pay to keep it going. Its what its going to cost you for another car (you upgrading)?
All the newer cars are full of tech that nobody can fix, without it costing you an arm & a leg, if they can?
Just my 2 cents.

D

devilly

Haha all good devily :) just overwhelming how much your splashing around, each to their own i guess. remember you might spend $10,000 on it but will only ever sell for $3000 if sold it tomorrow

keeping a list of how much your spending

im the same, have spent $2500 on it since august and bought it for $3300, couldnt sell it for more than $3000 tomorrow i reckon

Just got offered a price $100 bucks for 2 front leather door inserts... rip off!!!

A guy selling chrome door handles for 200... another rip off

All good :) Just want my car to make me smile when I get in and drive it :) To be honest I'm parting out my VT and the sales of parts from that are going onto my new VY :) I have chrome inner and outer handles on my VT That I'm thinking of selling because they won't suit my VY.

To get the feel for what I do check out sharing in caring in the VT section that's my old ride.

It don't matter on the market value as holdens has closed and who knows the value in the future with everything coming from overseas.I just do what makes me happy and don't care about other peoples negative opinions as long as I'm happy with my ride and enjoy working on it is all that matters :)

D

devilly

Its not what you pay to keep it going. Its what its going to cost you for another car (you upgrading)?
All the newer cars are full of tech that nobody can fix, without it costing you an arm & a leg, if they can?
Just my 2 cents.

Nailed it LEX :) :) Its about taking care of what you got and maintaining it to a good mechanical standard :) and making it look good too :) As long as it brings a smile to your face and a feeling of a job well done :)

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
It don't matter on the market value as holdens has closed and who knows the value in the future with everything coming from overseas.I just do what makes me happy and don't care about other peoples negative opinions as long as I'm happy with my ride and enjoy working on it is all that matters :)

This = big thumbs up.

D

devilly

Took off old rubbers and put on Chrome ones :) Tips is make sure you tape certain places or you will damage your paint job. I masked up and found a bit of damage on the masking tape.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

devilly

Yes did the chrome trim, then I chrome pin stripped it as well will get pic up of that later :)
COPY resized it.JPG

D

devilly

copy resized.JPG
Ah thanks for the pic of your old ride :) yeah the window trim makes it stand out a bit better. I put pin stripes on now still humming and erring if I will remove them and maybe paint the line on. Or leave it off all together. Oh and if anyone knows how to remove the rubber off my driveway I would love to hear any ideas :) :)