Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Single CD Factory Headunit sound

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
OK, i just got my car back from the mechanics just yesterday, and since then i've notivced the headunit now has a sound when starting up! Was wondering if this is normal for head units, it wasn't doing it before the incident, and the battery wasn't removed when the oil sump was fitted, but now that i've got it it does it. I've only noticed it when it's been on radio, havn't tried on CD's. At first i just thought it was the song, until it happened a few times when it would come on different songs, and different stations!

Anyways, sounds kinda like a sound in Stargate Atlantis! LOL, maybe it might be a space craft in disguise? LOL

Link to sound here: http://211.28.34.4:6080/JustCommodores/sounds/VYHUSound.mp3 (12kb)

Anyone else's do this? Or doesn't do this? Or can give any idea as to why it's like this? And a purpose for it?

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Never heard that before mate. Might want to get it looked at. Has the unit been playing up at all or just that noise?

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
It played up once before. But that was only it swalloing a cd and refusing to give it back. Fixed by removing the battery for 5 minutes, it decided it would let go.

It's kind of cool the noise, but no idea why it's come now! I was fairly sure it wasn't meant to! I might get Holden to check it out at the next service, but i know they'll just probably say it's nothing and it's meant to do that!

BTW, anyone that couldn't access the file over the past few minutes, sorry about that, i've managed to kill part of my web server with an upgrade. It should still serve out the file until i get time to magically roll back the upgrade somehow! :S I'm working on fixing it LOL Shouldn't affect too many functions of the server used by JC.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
hahaha that sounds cool sorry no idea

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Take it back to the mechanics & ask them what they did!

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
According to the owner of the shop no electronics were touched [and battery wasn't disconnected at all]. Just the sump replaced! I might have to find out which guy worked on the car and ask him! I'm not really complaining about it, sounds cool and unique, but i do want to know why it's doing it when it never did before!