Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy spac accessories wont turn off automatically when car is locked

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
hi guys i have a 2004 vy commodore . which for the past month or so the accessories (such as lights, wipers and so on) wont turn off automatically once the car is off and locked.. even when the lights are on auto.. any help that could be given would be sweet..

oh yeah 3 months ago i had the software on my computer updated by holden.
and now if i hold menu and set when switching ignition on it comes up with a full diagnosis (didnt do before update) not complaining but just wondering why

gordo881005

unholy confessions
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Storm2
Check the little switch thing on the inside of the driver door frame, sometimes it gets corroded or just sh*t and it doesn break the connection which in turn "will leave evrything on" i had it on my Storm ute and i had to sit there and literally push it in and out for 5 minutes each time i wanted to get out of it....annoying as buggery, but only like $30 to replace thru holden

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
cheers man prob is that

orthaeeoul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exucutive S2 3.8 2004
this happened to me the other nite, and it happened on my previous vy as well. i found just twisting the little door open/close sensor a little clockwise fix's it completly.
my first vy did this two years ago, and it still works perfectly.

gordo881005

unholy confessions
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Storm2
yeh i pulled mine out and scraped it, and brushed it and everything, only plays up when its damp weather