Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy ss and vy sv8 wats the diffrence?

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
just wanting to know some info on the sv8 range i dont really know much about them and the diffrence between them and the ss

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
sv8 dosnt have all the glamourous bits so to speak, sv8 is a base model (executive) with a v8, body kit, alloy wheels and lowered suspension, whereas the ss is the full sports car with nice interior features such as the satin chrome door handles, possibly climate control and leather (was an option) a cool looking instrument cluster etc.. and a meaner bodykit. hope this helps

VooDoo

Reaction score
Website
www.oz8.org
Members Ride
HSV GTO. 408ci Stroker, LS3 top end.
SS Bodykit, electic windows (although optional on the SV8), FE2 suspension vs FE1.5, No leather option on early SV8's, Base model dash and no duel zone on SV8 and optional on SS.

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
ok sounds good so the sv8 is sorta the poor mans ss so to speak i can live with that the one i found is a sv8 with a hbd badge so im guessing theres some xtra goodies on it somewhere

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
deadfish is right.

Also, the SV8 has 17" wheels as opposed to 18" on the SS. Rear spoiler is the shorter 'S' version. No body kit or other nice bits, as already mentioned... :D

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
VooDoo said:
SS Bodykit, electic windows (although optional on the SV8), FE2 suspension vs FE1.5, No leather option on early SV8's, Base model dash and no duel zone on SV8 and optional on SS.

Are you sure they have dual zone on the SS models, have not seen this in the SS's before, i think this may be for the luxury models.

I have climate on my series 2 and it does not have dual zone!!!

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
and FE1.5 is only reserved for the Calais VY2 onwards oh and the SVZ! FE2 on SS and SV8 :) as for climate control yeah again only for Calais and up! Buy an SV8 today and exterior is identical to the SV6 *go figure*

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
ShanghaiVZ said:
Buy an SV8 today and exterior is identical to the SV6 *go figure*

they must have finaly realised that not everyone can offord an ss, plus it also makes the sv8 more appealing

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Hmmm more appealing I tend to disagree with, it's identical to an SV6 you have to look under the side indicators to see the chrome V8 badge to find it's an SV8 and the badge on the boot that's it. Holden should of stuck to its previous formula. Least you could tell straight up its an SV8.