Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SS both front windows not going down properly

Terrybull3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss
I've had an issue with my vy ss ever since I've owned it when you want to wind the front windows down you have to keep tapping the window switch for it to wind down each tap of the switch winds it down about 10mm each time however they wind up fine I have just replaced the switch and there was no change is this a common issue or would anyone have any advice

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Then I would be looking at checking the door harness plug connections. Check the plug on the window motors.

There maybe a problem with the relay in the BCM. Cheap part that can be replaced with some soldering skills.

Could be the motors are flogged out.

Check for correct window adjustment

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Check for correct window adjustment
This.

Electric window regulator setups have an overload switch to prevent the motor/mechanism from burning out or breaking from excessive force being applied. Maybe there is too much tension when the windows are going down if the window glass isn‘t aligned properly in the channels.

As a test put your hand on the top of the window when its partly open and push down while using the switch. If the motor continues to go down with some hand assistance you have your answer.

Edit: The cause could also be the regulators are flogged out but this would normally manifest going upward as your fighting gravity as well as friction.

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
Take the door panels off and check the nylon slide blocks that are on the ends of arms. I had a similar thing with my VX and the blocks had cracked and the ball end of the arm was running in the channel and sometimes it would go up and down fine and others you would need to help it and do the multiple hit to the switch thing.