Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SS Crewman Fuel Pump

VZSSTHUNDER06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Crewman S2
Was hoping on some insight on my fuel pump assembly. I recently changed the fuel pump and screen but I used the old housing.
The fuel pump sounded like it was sucking air a bit, thought at first i had the pick up sitting in the wrong place; I removed the hold down plate and played around with the pick up hose and couldnt stop the sound, then i bridge the fuel pump relay to have a look what was going on and found fuel gushing out from the top of the housing?

This looks wrong, although I'm unsure what its actually supposed to look like

Any insight would be appreciated

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
probably got a hose not put on properly.

VZSSTHUNDER06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Crewman S2
sorry guys, havent had a chance to work on the car

So i solved that issue but now the fuel pressure is really low; Can anyone help with the function of the pictured parts?

Attachments

• IMG_6879.jpg
    IMG_6879.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_6883.jpg
    IMG_6883.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 245

VZSSTHUNDER06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Crewman S2
forgot to post the solution.
You have to be careful with the replacement o-rings 1 is 10mm and the other 3/8" swapped them around and sorted it.

It was good for a couple months but not having fuel issues again, Purchased a new aftermarket assembly from Fuelmiser; would highly recommend not wasting your time trying to service this part, while the trays off just replace the whole assembly

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Wouldn't want to do that job again of taking tray off...sedans are annoying enough taking tank out with fuel in it.

Can't remember last time I've seen replacement parts available unless upgrading to bigger aftermarket fuel pump otherwise if it's stock pump I've only been able to get complete assembly.

Last two was fuelmiser for a getz & delphi for vy sv8...although still not sure fuel sender is accurate with delphi brand.