Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy ss has no wiring for rear interior lights?

SL/E 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
SL/E 308
just popped out the bit of plastic that sits where the rear interiors would go but there in no wiring in there to fit lights?
I was going to put the lights from my vt berlina in there but no wiring or anything.
What’s the go?

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Lights run off the harness with the interior light, loom runs up the b pillar on the driver's side so remove that trim to check but most likely with be there and would need to be added

SL/E 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
SL/E 308
Then why did they put the plastic inserts in the ss if there’s no wiring? Seems pretty dumb of Holden to even have them there. They most certainly don’t make the car look better or anything lol

SL/E 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
SL/E 308
Was just a question Trev ease up champ. Just saying it’s dumb the plastic inserts are there with no wiring Wasn’t saying your wrong, just perplexed as to why they’d be there.
Thanks anyway mate

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Lol, must be the corona making me go nuts, just because they have the spots doesn't mean the harness is there waiting, different wiring harness different model, if there no plug then remove roof light and run wires from there. I think your talking about the reading lights above the 2 back doors.

SL/E 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
SL/E 308
Yeah those ones Trev. All good mate I used to be on fish forums and got the shits with idiots sometimes
Seems pretty dumb of Holden to put the inserts to house lighting if there’s no wiring. My friggen by hbd vt berlina has em and I just switched them out for leds
I always though a ss was higher spec than a berlina?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yeah those ones Trev. All good mate I used to be on fish forums and got the shits with idiots sometimes
Seems pretty dumb of Holden to put the inserts to house lighting if there’s no wiring. My friggen by hbd vt berlina has em and I just switched them out for leds
I always though a ss was higher spec than a berlina?
It only means super sports not luxury, just run a wire from the roof the door switch is only a earth signal, they sometimes run a plug where I said but not sure so you can search for one or just remove the 2 screws from the roof light. good luck. It maybe above the roof lining.