Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy ss manual conversion

VYSS03

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 Commodore vy ss
Hey all first time posting thought i might post a thread, might of already been asked but couldn't find anything, i have a 03 vy ss which is auto and i know i could sell it and buy a manual but the manuals have gone up in price so i probably wouldn't bother so i thought i would ask does anyone know in Sydney that would do a manual conversion i know there not cheap either i have asked some places but unfortunately they do not do conversions.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Do it yourself, shop around for the kits,
seen plenty online.
Might have to travel tho,
but if your keen to do it, it has to be worth in the end.

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
Put your car up for swaps offer 500 cash there way or something theres tlways people that are just sick of driving stick or there mrs cant drive stick or they are injured or just bit broke need the money

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
The conversion is too much of a bitsa kind of deal for most shops to want to do. They can't just "order" a manual conversion if that makes sense and have to spend time hunting around wreckers for the parts. If it was just a case of ordering and swapping out the physical parts it would be fine but most places don't want to deal with having to link a new ECU or have the old ECU reflashed.

Agree with DIY.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yeah it's a fair bit of labour & somewhat unappealing job to take on if need to chase down all the parts,

Thought I got stung on price buying manual vy sv8 18 months ago...now see rougher cars at double the price.

VYSS03

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 Commodore vy ss
Thanks for the response guys, id love to do it my self but i wouldn't even bother attempting that lol, ill probably just get the auto built and throw on a high stall.