Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy ss not firing up, help please..

Toby andi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 vy ss 5.7l 6 speed manual
hello all, i have a vy ss ute that has just developed rather a big problem. it started off on a drive home where a ignition lead popped off on its own (was corroded) so i continued home on 7 clys, got home, changed all leads the next day and went to start it and it would start, rev high than cut straight out. now 2 days later it still wont run, wont even do the initial high idle than cut out just keeps winding over and after about 30 secs or so says check alternator, which ive done and charged battery. fuel pump is definatly good, wires seem to be in tact. no engine lights or codes.
could it possibly be my starter? it has gotten worse the last few weeks to the point id have to turn the key on and off getting click.. click.. than a fire up. any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Have you had a TechII on it or just an app with a dongle? Surely it would have to be throwing a code.