Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SS or Storm Ute

tcp000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore ute
Hi there,

I currently have a VS 5ltr manual and am looking at getting rid of it and buying a VY SS ute or VY Storm ute. With the way fuel is heading im almost inclined to settle for the storm, but have a 2 tonne boat to haul. Is there anyone out there that has towed similar loads with a storm ute? How does it perform under load? Is there anyone that could recommend either an SS or Storm ute and why??

Cheers

On the fence

stormer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS ute
gday mate, i had a vy storm with pacies n a 2n half inch zorst and it pulled my dbl axled trailer i use for work, (with a 1000L water drum in it, full) relativley sweet. I recently traded in for a VY2 SS and it pulls alot better, both autos too. If its for towing your boat, its good to have the balls of the SS, and id recomend the SS over the storm, but both of myn have been pretty sweet to me. Hope this helps ya mate!;)

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
Both are capable of towing over 2 tonne, when towing you need torque. As the V8 has alot more torque than the V6 it won't have to work as hard.
As long as you can afford it i'd go with the SS.