Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy ss series 2 front and rear sump leak

Jono191

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SS Thunder Ute.
hey guys just wondering if anyone has had this happen..

well i took my vy ss series 2 into holden for its second service since i have had it, got a phone call to say that i have a front and rear oil leak on my sump. they told me $1750 to fix it, seems a bit steep to me cause all they do is take the sump off put a new gasket on clean it up etc. they guy at holden also said its a common problem with the gen3 V8's. im no mechanic so it may be a fair price but im just finding it hard to believe its that much.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Hmmm seems a bit steep. Might be better to get a second opinion on that one.

Jono191

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SS Thunder Ute.
yeah i will for sure, im movin back to my home state in the next few days so i reckon i can find one of my mates who are a mechanic to do it and just buy a new gasket and oil and whatever else i need. thanks for the feedback guys

josh.meaden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore acclaim
sounds a little steep, but probably not too much. I cracked my sump recently. they would probably be taking the whole engine out, replacing the sump, and putting it back in. about 7 hours of labour plus parts. and we all know a service by holden is gonna be twice that of anywhere else. but yeah does seem a little over the top. definatly go elsewhere.