Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SS SII Climate Control

AUSFITTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SS series 2
Hi Guys,
Just curious to know what models in the vy had dual zone climate control? Is there a distinct difference on the screen when its on to signify that is has dual zone? Does anyone have any pictures of a dual zone climate control lit up and working at all?

Thank you

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I believe the ss's (except wagons) with leather had single zone climate, and the higher luxury models like calais, caprice etc (and the ss wagons i believe) had dual zone?

The distinct difference on the screen being temperature on either side :p

Here is a pic (stolen fron genreaper i believe)
reaper%20020-1.jpg

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I Did not Think any SS Modal had climate control lol, Dads VY SS with leather did not have it, Thought it was only the Calais & Berlinas etc that had it

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Lol, leather and single climate were in the same package im 99% sure. And i believe the ss wagons had dual zone?

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
No, Old Man Had a VY SS With Red Leather and it had the old style manual Controls, Ill post a Pic if i must lol, But are we just talking about series 2 or both ? He had a series 1, maybe thats why lol

AUSFITTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SS series 2
OK cool. I know it is only the series 2 that has climate control, just wasnt sure if they had dual climate control. Oh well, cheers lads

AUSFITTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SS series 2
Oh just another question without having to start a new thread. How do i go about changing my single zone to a dual zone climate control?

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Too hard - don't bother.

That's the easy answer. At the very least, new control panel, new heater box. Replacing the heater box is a days work involving removing the dash, degassing/regassing the a/c. It's the heater box that makes the job IMHO too hard to be worthwhile.

Dual zone gives too many options to the passenger - next they'll be wanting their own volume knob! I like 21drgrees, My missus always wants 23 degrees, but often goes to 25degrees to compensate for my 'cold draught' - this results in me copping her warm air. I'd rather compromise and set both sides to 22degrees. If it was easy, I'd swap you for single zone ;)

AUSFITTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SS series 2
So it is still quite in depth to change from single to dual.... Wouldve thought it would be easy as its already half way there