Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SS Trim codes

exhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SS & 2017 AMG A45
Hey people, first post here and it's a long one but it's doing my head in.

So I bought an 03 VY SS a few months back. Genuine 1 owner, low km example that I plan on keeping the factory look etc. (ok, I've done an exhaust etc to give it some poke and a decent note, a set of supersports and dropped it a bit, just to change the look a bit and get it to handle, but for the most part I plan on keeping it as original/factory as possible)
Build plate shows it was built with trim code:81I (black leather?) however the car is fitted with blue leather. I tracked down the original dealership that sold the car and they can confirm by their records car had factory fitted blue leather. This is exactly word for word from their email to me:
Unfortunately I cannot send you what we have, the leather was not added aftermarket and my system confirms that the original interior for this model would have been Anthricite but this car was ordered from factory with the blue leather option

however when I speak to Holden to get certificate for the car they state the car was fitted with black as per the build plate and letter they provided and the dealership is wrong in what they told me. I went back to the dealer and asked again and stated that Holden factory advised that the info you provided is incorrect. They stated again that their system shows 100% was factory fitted blue, however the will not provide me with documentation as the order sheet that shows this contains sensitive info they cannot provide. (obviously original owners details?)
My questions are the following.
1) How can the dealership system show blue, and Holden say black?
2) what would the trim code be for blue?
3) would there be anything else I can find on the car or in it that may back up the dealership claim?
4) was blue leather an available option for 03 SS's?
I am again awaiting on a call from the dealer to re-confirm the info and see if there is ANYTHING they can send me to back up their claim/system info

where to from here???
any assistance appreciated

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
the order sheet that shows this contains sensitive info they cannot provide.

Ask them to redact the sensitive info and send the rest to you.

05red vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ute
interesting, i have a vy SS one tonne which Holden didn't make. contacted dealer who sold the car said it was just a S v8 one tonner. contacted GMH and they have told me and sent documents proving it is ' in gmh's words a one off " ordered for a customer with all the factory options that the SS came with . So the dealers can be wrong.

exhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have asked them last time to blank out the info and send it through but they refused. Guess I'll give it another try and see how it goes. At the end of the day, it's my car now so they should be able to I would have thought. I believe it's because there would be buyer info, but I already have that info in the owners manual, and it was deceased estate so the bloke has passed away anyway.

and yes, I believe dealers can be wrong but they are so persistent that their system shows correct that I guess they can put their money where their mouth is.

the only thing I could think of is the car was a stock build, then pulled out of stock to have the trim fitted afterwards and bring it would have already been vin fitted it couldn't be changed? maybe to bring the wait time down if they didn't want to wait the 8-12 weeks? or, the car was ordered correctly from the dealer and not shipped with the right trim, therefore being fitted afterwards, however they have said it was "factory fitted", which brings me back to the previous theory

guess we'll see what the latest responses are tomorrow

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
i bought a silver 02 SS with blue leather new, is the dials on the dash also blue?

Last edited:

exhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
i bought a silver 02 SS with blue leather new, is the dials on the dash also blue?

Nah, red cluster, however i have found & bought a blue one, just gotta get it swapped out.

What was the trim code for the blue??

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Hey people, first post here and it's a long one but it's doing my head in.

So I bought an 03 VY SS a few months back. Genuine 1 owner, low km example that I plan on keeping the factory look etc. (ok, I've done an exhaust etc to give it some poke and a decent note, a set of supersports and dropped it a bit, just to change the look a bit and get it to handle, but for the most part I plan on keeping it as original/factory as possible)
Build plate shows it was built with trim code:81I (black leather?) however the car is fitted with blue leather. I tracked down the original dealership that sold the car and they can confirm by their records car had factory fitted blue leather. This is exactly word for word from their email to me:
Unfortunately I cannot send you what we have, the leather was not added aftermarket and my system confirms that the original interior for this model would have been Anthricite but this car was ordered from factory with the blue leather option

however when I speak to Holden to get certificate for the car they state the car was fitted with black as per the build plate and letter they provided and the dealership is wrong in what they told me. I went back to the dealer and asked again and stated that Holden factory advised that the info you provided is incorrect. They stated again that their system shows 100% was factory fitted blue, however the will not provide me with documentation as the order sheet that shows this contains sensitive info they cannot provide. (obviously original owners details?)
My questions are the following.
1) How can the dealership system show blue, and Holden say black?
2) what would the trim code be for blue?
3) would there be anything else I can find on the car or in it that may back up the dealership claim?
4) was blue leather an available option for 03 SS's?
I am again awaiting on a call from the dealer to re-confirm the info and see if there is ANYTHING they can send me to back up their claim/system info

where to from here???
any assistance appreciated
At A guess the dealer had your car and the purchaser requested blue and the dealer applied it as a customer order. The same as the wheel/ break/ toe bar/ spoiler upgrades are. It was on there lot to sell and no SS with blue leather was available. Or the production line fitted it as a customer order after it was tagged with black/antrosite. Don't you like it?

exhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
the production line fitted it as a customer order after it was tagged with black/antrosite. Don't you like it?

Thats exactly the way im thinking, that it was fitted as a customer order, after the car had been Tagged & VIN numbered, thereofer not being able to be tag changed. Still would have thought Holden would have record of this?

Does anyone know what the trim code for this blue leather would have been?, i cant seem to find much on it.

BTW, i do like it, being that it's different to what is common out there for most cars, dont really see many with the blue leather

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
sorry mate don't have a copy of the trim codes
I really liked the blue leather and back then it was proper leather not like the newer models. i still think the vy- vz's were the best looking in and out.