Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy ss ute problems

barto88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute
first off i think my fuel sensor might be stuffed! i put a full tank of fuel in it and within 50ks of driving it says im empty and my fuel light comes back on. how expensive is this to fix?

second my computer keeps shutting itself of when i turn the key everything will shut off then i pop the bonnet wriggle the battery terminal and it will start. how to fix this?

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
for the second problem im thinking loose connection on the battery terminal??
as for the first it sounds like a fuel sensor - is it actually using all the fuel?

barto88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute
na its not using all the fuel i have just been setting the trip computer to manage how much fuel im using. any ideas how much a fuel sensor will cost?

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
na its not using all the fuel i have just been setting the trip computer to manage how much fuel im using. any ideas how much a fuel sensor will cost?

ringing holden should help with your quote

lodgie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute
how olds ur battery it could be on the way out. u mihgt need a new terminal if jiggling it fixes it, is it corroded? give it a clean up with a wire brush and tighten all the fittings and that might fix it, might be affecting the fuel sensor to if its not getting power