Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ayecee

Reaction score
Members Ride
'03 VY SS Ute 5.8Ltr V8
Hi all,
I have a VY SS Ute that was lowered by the previous owner, the rear tyres are wearing on the inside bad!
A while back I got my tyres replaced and alignment done at The Tyre Factory, they told me I needed a camber kit, but for one reason or another, I had to postpone.
But now I am due for another set of tyres and need a bit of other work done so I am currently looking to get on top of it before then so the new tyres last more than a couple months.

I like to try and do as much work as I can myself, is it something that can be done myself or is it better to just get the pros to do it? If I'm not mistaken I'll need to get an alignment done afterwards anyway, is that right?

Either way, where do I start? is there a specific type or model I need to be looking for?
Apparently 'SuperPro' kits are the ones to go for, would you guys agree?

Anything else I would need to know?

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
For the ute go with the 4 point kit as you don't have the toe links like sedans do. SuperPro are tried and work well.
There is a bit of f#cking about if you want to install the bushes at home on the ground. I've done it but 2 people would make the job so much easier.
You will need an alignment afterwards too.

ayecee

Reaction score
Members Ride
'03 VY SS Ute 5.8Ltr V8
Sweet, thanks, think I'll just get it done somewhere, makes more sense.
cheers