Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy ss ute versus vu ss ute

Brendan89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim
Hey everyone i have dilemma i have around 20k to spend and i cant decide between a vy ss or vu ss ute i keep jumping back and forth it would be great to get some opinions
thanks

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
VY SS Ute, purely on the fact i think they are a lot tougher looking.
I have no experience with either, but assuming the VY is a newer you would probably get less km's and a newer and improved car?

brokenikon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Maloo: 2008 VE SV6: 2004 VY II R8 Maloo
Oh you lucky basta...er...person, choice of two nice utes. Did you have any specific in mind that we could help sort through, or is it just a pick between the two in general?

*edit* Oh and don't be persuaded by my sig lol.

Last edited:

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Vy are waaaay better looking.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
VU SS, purely because you don't seem to see as many of them around.

Brendan89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim
Oh you lucky basta...er...person, choice of two nice utes. Did you have any specific in mind that we could help sort through, or is it just a pick between the two in general?

*edit* Oh and don't be persuaded by my sig lol.

haha yeah its just a pick between the two really -i do like the interior of the vy but they both look good on the outside ahhhhhhhh
thanks for everyones help - every opinion helps heaps

dyl_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
if you go a series 2 vy you get a few extra goodies at not extra cost ie ( strut brace as standard and vy series 2 tail lights which look tones better than the series 1 ( which are the same as the vu's). ive had the pleasure of owning a vx ss sedan and now own a vy ss ute and the is no contest. the vy just seems to feel a whole lot stonger through the entire drive train. jobs done.

dyl_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
if you go a series 2 vy you get a few extra goodies at not extra cost ie ( strut brace as standard and vy series 2 tail lights which look tones better than the series 1 which are the same as the vu's). I've had the pleasure of owning a vx ss sedan and now own a vy ss series 2 ute and the is no contest. the vy just seems to feel a whole lot stonger through the entire drive train. jobs done]

redondo1990

panda
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY SS S2
i had the same problem mate haha. i couldnt decide between the two. i went the vy ss series 2 ute because they look tougher and its a newer model. its all up to personal preference mate. good luck. hope you find it.