Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SS V8 Series 2 Cat Back System -- NEED HELP

parlevoo

Reaction score
hi, i have a 2003 VY SS Series 2 Ute. i am looking to upgrade the exhaust system with a new cat back system. i need to know if the S2 will take an S1 CAT back system, as i cannot find a system anywhere for an S2. what is the diference in VY S1-S2 exhaust. can the S1 system be modified to fit the S2. keep in mind i have a 2003 model. i dont know if that means anything tho.

please help as i really need to sort this out. its just not right without a good exhaust on it.

Cheers, Parlevoo

parlevoo

Reaction score
thanks

thanks for the reply. i keep seeing things stating the S2 has a different config to the S1 - the cat is closer to the engine, but from what i can see by looking under the car, the actual spot the system bolts onto is in the same place. can anyone confirm this?

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
in the s2 the cats are right behind the extractors and the s1 are back further im sure it can bolt on as my catback was off a vyss s2 04 model and it bolted to my vxss 01 model

parlevoo

Reaction score
thanks Vt_vic. i am hoping to buy an aussie redback big bore sports exhaust. does anyone have one of these? how do they sound? and can anyone confirm they have put a VT-VY catback on a VY SS 2 (5.7l LS1)