Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY ss wheels on my VN

SAMO-87

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VX Berlina 5.7L
Hey all, I am looking at buying a set of 18" vy ss wheels for my vn. I know there not the greatest wheels in the world but hey, for $800 with decent tyres, i'm not complaining. Before I do buy them though, I would love to see how they look on a vn. So if anyone has a pic, that would be awesome. Or if someone could photoshop my car (i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to photoshop!) that would be even better.

Cheers, Sam

Attachments

• Car 1.jpg
    Car 1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 3,587

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
You will need to tap in the cover over the bearing as they stick out too far, but they look tough on VNs, this one belongs to Bezz_86 so thanks to him for the pics, car is for sale too, on gas, minus the 18s

Attachments

• 647860_24_full.jpg
    647860_24_full.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 3,919
  • bezz VN.jpg
    bezz VN.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 2,786

SAMO-87

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VX Berlina 5.7L
Doctor Sodways said:
You will need to tap in the cover over the bearing as they stick out too far, but they look tough on VNs, this one belongs to Bezz_86 so thanks to him for the pics, car is for sale too, on gas, minus the 18s

Yeah thanks for the pic. It does look pretty sweet. Does the cover hit the centre cap?

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
V8 supercar said:
Yeah thanks for the pic. It does look pretty sweet. Does the cover hit the centre cap?
They all do mate I had 17" Internations on my vn calais centre cap would never fit,you can edit the hub,get spacers or what ever but my caps never fell off. Get the 18" they look tuff, if ur after some lock nuts i got some ROH ones for sale cheap new

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, they do hit, i cant get centre caps on my 17s, if you tap the cover in you can get em to fit, but it doesnt always work, didnt for me, did for my mate with the SS 18s, they are cheap to replace if you pierce one anyway, so its worth a try. I must say though, the SS rims look tough as on the VNs, but they would look slightly odd with no centre cap, same goes for internationals

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
possibly, didnt for mine but mine are aftermarket rims designed for post VS cars. Also, i think they are illegal, i know in SA they are

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
I love the VY ss wheels. I was gonna get them on my car but they were too expensive new.

SAMO-87

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VX Berlina 5.7L
Yeah i love them too, but they are becoming a bit too common. However, i have the chance to buy wheels and tyres for $800, so they'll do until i start saving for future mods.
Thanks for the feedback

Anyone who can photoshop some vy ss wheels onto my car, it would be greatly appreciated

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Do you have a pic of you car that is completly side on (like my display pic) I could do it then. Im not too good at photoshop but i can do basic stuff.