Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Stalls under Deceleration only

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Im getting confused. You said it idles fine but you say it stalls and you have to hold throttle open a bit. After you've been driving a while does it still idle fine or do you need to hold the throttle open?
Could it be a really dirty throttle body or air filter?

JasG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Ute 03
speedyvn Thanks for your help. Possibility, does work fine but as you say could have a leak.

JasG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Ute 03
greenacc Thanks for your reply & help. Always Idles fine, Only when decelerating at speed, say above 40-60kmh. Lower speeds ok, like pulling in driveway etc, at higher speeds say on freeway back off no problem, seems around that mid range area. if I breath on throttle doesn't do it. Its like the idle needs to come up approx 100rpm, Cleaned Throttle body & idle motor area. Was not to bad, usual black but was minor. Seen a hell of a lot worse over the years. Air & fuel filters about 10K ago. Due for oil & filter change now, leads & plugs could do with replacing soon. Driving me mad, no codes recorded, must be an air leak somewhere I'd say. I am thinking idles motor not working 100%. as throttle closes air to rich stalls. As it surges as its about to stall. tacho needle wavers up & down. Hmmm.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
U posted this a month as ago and youre still pushing the same story that it might need this it might need that, have you even lifted the bonnet in this month

And ide air controller costs $20 bucks

New vaccum hoses costs $10

If its driving u so mad why not get it done tomorrow instead of pushing out hypothetical theories for another month

Lol dudes going ape

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Do all your heater and AC controls work properly?
You can use some lube on the IAC seal if it's leaking air, I've been told Vaseline works...

JasG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Ute 03
evBenji
You off Your Meds EvBenji?? Pull your Head in. I am not banging on at all, as two helpful guys with positive feedback(not like yourself) asked a question, I simply replied. Before you start Spewing your Negativity being a Keyboard Worrier without knowing someone's situation, I have not used this car as I have many cars & bikes, I have opened the bonnet & checked FYI, but as I don't use this car it is not priority, I'd just like to find the issue, as my colleges & employees have all come to no conclusion, And do not agree with your check coils, cam & crank sensor view as you must be the type that gives us all a bad name by Wasting customers money putting parts on that are not the answer hoping to stumble upon it then say BS to justify why the bill is so high. Check coils, check this, really? You Joker, Your a broken Tool. Everyone else has been respectful & helpful. Your the one going Ape, go to the hardware store & buy a bag of cement put it in your camomile tea & harden up.

JasG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Ute 03
greenacc Thank you for your Positive reply, Yes they do, that was my first thought a leak back into cabin control area as I have seen that before. I disconnected & blocked the vacuum line to check. Yes vaseline or red rubber grease work well. Thank you very much for your respectful input.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
So youve done nothing to address the issue except post lovely theories and draw everyones attention who are people trying to help you and your doing nothing with their educated responses except waiting for the next educated response in which u wont listen to again or take action in towards solving the issue and really your wasting everyones time.

Also do u think your 2 page outburst back there made me look bad or made yourself look even more menstrual than you already seem?

JasG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Ute 03
evBenji So here you go again, Dribbling away, trying to justifying your existence. Yes you do look pathetically bad, If you Read, which you seem to be struggling with. I Never asked Another question, answers were given to Original post by Educated people which you seem to not be. I simply replied to them, out of respect for there valued input, which yours is not. You are wasting your time wanting what? A cuddle?Respect? A pat on the head. You lost that one, trying to gain attention for your self importance, self absorbed rant. Go play with your Lego blocks little man, your obviously not a qualified mechanic with experience. Yo Muma will bring you some milk. Your "Assuming" again, making an Ass of yourself not me. I valued & listened to there helpful educated responses, yours I do not. It is not any of the kind responses given as FYI I have checked & done. As I have highly skilled & qualified technicians that do know what they are talking about still have never seen this. So go change your pad & stop bleeding all over what you seem to think is your bedroom.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
If u have a look dude i am not falling to your level and playing online male bonding keyboard wars and insulting you to the best of my ability and im also sure youre breaking forum rules in your immature bundle of insults but you continue youre making yourself look truly super

What i will say though is the best fix for your car would be to give it a new owner because with you and your array of expert staff looking after it, it obviously has no hope of being fixed.

And im a keyboard worrior am i? I worry about keyboards do i?