Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY standard CD player

JW's VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Lumina
G'day people,

I went to my car today and the CD in the standard single CD player is jammed and will not even eject or play. At the moment it is just coming up with 'CD error' or something like that. I just wanted to know if anybody else has had a similar problem or knows how to fix it? Up to this point in time i have had no troubles with the unit, but considering i have no knowledge of these matters, would i just be better off taking it back to holden for them to have a look at? Or is this fixable myself?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Josh.

PS. All the cars in here are looking great. Well done.

phatwagon4u

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
it sounds like the cd player has locked up,what you have to do is either remove the headunit for roughly 30 seconds,or disconnect the battery for 30 sec,u will find once it has been disconnected it will automatically eject the cd once re-connected,if this fault happens alot you should take it back to holden and they should replace the headunit if the car is still in warrenty
:)

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
My 6 stack was just replaced under warranty with the same issue.
If it's under warranty, take it back and they'll replace it with a new one.

JW's VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Lumina
Thanks guys, your help is appreciated. I will give it a go tomorrow and if that does not work i will go see Holden. Although, i am pretty sure because i bought the car as a used car that the CD player is not covered by the warranty, bugger that.

I was doing a little bit of reading on the net and it appears that some people believe that it can be caused by some burnt CDs because they are a different size or something like that. Could this have any truth behind it? It was what Ford told some guy when it happened to him, and i am sure Holden will try and spin with me. BUT I am sure i have played this CD before and many others like it, so who knows...

Thanks anyway.

S

steve_sarge

JW's VY said:
Thanks guys, your help is appreciated. I will give it a go tomorrow and if that does not work i will go see Holden. Although, i am pretty sure because i bought the car as a used car that the CD player is not covered by the warranty, bugger that.

Thanks anyway.

Hi there JW's VY

If your vehicle is still within the time / kilometre range of factory warranty, it is still covered by Holdens factory warranty, regardless of ownership. I purchased mine as second user and updated Holden's database atHOLDEN Change of ownership form.

My local dealership informed me that they are more than happy to provide any warranty and also factory recall work on my car. The only issue that I believe you may have is warranty jobs relating to vehicles with, what is regarded as, "Extended Warranty" as this, I think, is not transferrable. If your dealership is not willing to accomodate you, I say, MAKE NOISE.

I hope this is valid information for you that puts your mind at ease

JW's VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Lumina
Thanks for the advice steve-sarge!!!! I will be sure to make some noise!!!

turbo89

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me with the cd stuck in the unit, displaying cd error message. Had to disconnect power to the unit for about a minute. This fixed the problem and it hasn't occured since. And yes it was a burnt disc that had been played in the unit for months. Not game to put it back in though.

JW's VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Lumina
I have not got around to doing it yet. Turbo did you do disconnect power by the actual unit or the battery? It's good to hear it has not happened again though. Thanks for your help.

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
Hope you fix it - I experienced a similar error in a car at work. What happened there was that the battery had gone flat, and the code needed to be re-entered. It appeared as a CD read error, which it wasn't...

turbo89

Reaction score
JW, it was done by pulling the plug on the unit itself, but it may be easier just to disconnect the battery. All that was required afterwards was to re enter my security code for the radio