Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Steering wheel in a VS

xSnowyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS Wagon
Hi Guys,

A while ago I saw a VS with a VY, VZ or even a VE steering wheel in it.
I bought a VY steering wheel and headed down to the mechanics.
They had a go at putting it on but had to call up both Bursons and Holden to figure out why it wouldn't go on.
They both said its not possible which I found strange seeing as VX wheels bolts straight onto VS and VY is exactly the same as VX when it comes to attaching it.
Anyone have any ideas?
I'm so confused.

Cheers

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
Vx wheels do not bolt straight on to a vs. The spline is a different size

woodyotoad

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
to get the vx/vt look steering wheel on your vs all you do is change the airbag it self, the wheels themselves have the wrong spines, you may be able to change the whole steering shaft assembly but i don't think it will be worth it or if it will even work,

nick

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
to get the vx/vt look steering wheel on your vs all you do is change the airbag it self, the wheels themselves have the wrong spines, you may be able to change the whole steering shaft assembly but i don't think it will be worth it or if it will even work,

nick

This^^ I put a WH airbag in my vr. Its a straight swap but the spline on the actual wheel is too large and the use a different mounting system