Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY steering wheel on my VZ

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
i have recently gotten a VY leather steering wheel with Satan chrome spokes and tried to put it on my car today. the Main spline fits fine however the VY wheel seems a little stiff. i think that it is rubbing badly somewhere at the back of the wheel.

has anyone done this and solved this problem

i managed to keep it on but the bolt in the middle is not as tight as i would like it and it still rubs a little

cheers

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
If i remember i had this problem when fitting a wheel to my mothers acclaim. At the back of the wheel you need to grab a file and just file a bit off. Grab your old wheel and compare it to the vy one and you'll see what i'm talking about. We did this and it fixed the problem no worries.

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
If i remember i had this problem when fitting a wheel to my mothers acclaim. At the back of the wheel you need to grab a file and just file a bit off. Grab your old wheel and compare it to the vy one and you'll see what i'm talking about. We did this and it fixed the problem no worries.

yeh i can see the problem, how much do u have to file off. does it have to be exactly like the VZ one or just a little bit off the VY is ok