Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY steering wheel radio controls

1Westie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S2 SV8
Hi all,

The last couple of weeks my stereo steering wheel remotes have being playing up, all the buttons work except sometimes the down volume works as the increase volume, the increase volume works as it should or as the mute. Sometimes the whole right hand side mimicks the left hand button functions. The left hand side ones, I.e. channel up/down and function always work properly.
Anyone know what would be causing this and how to fix it?

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
1Westie said:
Hi all,

The last couple of weeks my stereo steering wheel remotes have being playing up, all the buttons work except sometimes the down volume works as the increase volume, the increase volume works as it should or as the mute. Sometimes the whole right hand side mimicks the left hand button functions. The left hand side ones, I.e. channel up/down and function always work properly.
Anyone know what would be causing this and how to fix it?

This is a very common problem with VY's. Have a look at the "Issues with VY's" sticky thread:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=10231

If your car is still under warranty, Holden will fix it, no questions asked. I had the exact same problem and got mine fixed for nothing. The new buttons they put in also feel much nicer too - sort of "softer".

Even if it's run out of warranty, I'd still try to claim it, as it was such a common known problem. Either way, I'd take it to your dealer - even if they charge you, I can't imagine it would be too much...