Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Stereo ISO Harness

T

Tekkaman

Hi All,

I am needing to install a Bluetooth Carkit into a VY Commodore which uses ISO connectors to Interface to the stereo (Splices into the Power and Audio of the stereo). The manufacturer doesn't sell an adaptor harness for a VY commodore. (see Parrot CK3100 for the kit if you wish to know more)

I don't want to splice into the car wiring as it takes a while and I might want to take it out.
What I need to do is create an adaptor. I have 2 solutions
1) create 2 adaptors - 1 x VY OEM harness plug to ISO socket, and 1 x ISO socket to VY OEM harness plug.
OR
2) Splice the Bluetooth harness into an aftermarket VY OEM Harness (need Plug and Socket Harness)

The 2nd is cheaper, but it means that the bluetooth harness will be specific for the VY commodore if I want to remove it later for a newer car.

The problem I have now is this. I need to buy an aftermarket OEM Harness adaptor for the VY (both Plug and socket) to create this harness.

Aerpro has 3 on their website under VY commodore BUT.....

APP061.jpg

APP061 is the ISO harness, and is apparently for a "VR-VS"

711784H.jpg

711784H is one side of the the OEM for a "VT", and

AP1784H.jpg

AP1784H is the other side of the OEM harness for a "VT-VX".​

Q: Will the VT Stereo connectors interface to the VY??? :unsure: (My thought is no)

Also another website says that there is a VT harness but Aerpro doesn't say much about them in regards to the VY commodore. :bang:

APP062.jpg

APP062 ISO harness for a "VT"​

Also if anyone has a circuit diagram/pinout of the VY series Stereo connector (or knows where to find it) can you please advise me?

Thanks

Tekka (AKA Tim)

P.S. Yes I have emailed Aerpro, and they haven't gotten back to me yet.... :(

1Westie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S2 SV8
Can you not wire it in to the standard carkit plug (which has audio mute, sound through the stereo speakers, power etc) which is located behind the dash on the passangers side??

T

Tekkaman

Hi 1Westie,

Thanks for the info. Being new to Commodores and their wiring, I was not aware that there is a plug for a carkit on the passenger side. That sounds like a good place to start.

More info on that would be greatly appreciated. Anyone know? Photos would be great too ;)

Thanks

Tekka (AKA Tim)

P.S. I suppose I should try contacting a holden modifier's workshop or a carkit install place. Any suggestions on who to call anyone?

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Check your owners manual as well for the location of the carkit outlet and plug. It is detailed in there from what I remember.

T

Tekkaman

Hi vystorm_adel,

Thanks for that. I'll have a look in the manual. I'll post what i find.

Have a good day.

Tekka (AKA Tim)

1Westie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S2 SV8
No problem Tim,
If you want anymore info just PM me, I have my radar detector wired into this plug so I've got the wiring colour codes and part numbers of the plug and pins. I can throw you a couple of photos too if it helps