Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy stereo sensors

Discussion in 'VY Holden Commodore (2002 - 2004)' started by Angelnshan, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Angelnshan

Angelnshan New Member

Members Ride:
    Vy
    Hi my Vy stereo sensors have gone haywire,radio volume dies and won't go back up when headlights turn on,Windows go up or down etc any ideas?

2. Sdel179

Sdel179 Member

Members Ride:
    VY Berlina V6
    Sounds interesting. With the stereo if your talking about the steering wheel controls they seem to fail on all vys mine the volume up mutes the volume down turns the volume up..

3. Angelnshan

Angelnshan New Member

Members Ride:
    Vy
    Hi no it's not the steering wheel controls as volume won't go back up by using the volume on stereo either :( everytime I start my car it's on 0 then I have to wait until it's ready for any volume controls to work and then if I dare need to use a window or my lights it goes back to 0 and I have to wait again :( must be a fuse or wiring shorting somewhere that's making the sensors go wonky but where to look?

4. axemurderer101

axemurderer101 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VY SS
    Id say its just a faulty unit, using the cars lights or windows will drop the cars voltage a little which may be what triggers the unit to play up. See if turning your interior fan on makes it play up.