Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Stereo

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Hi all,

Looking to keep existing head unit nad put in sets of splits in the front and back doors and then tossing up whether to go with splits etc in the rear parcel shelf. Can anyone give me an idea of what to look for - I was going to go the Alpine R splits but they are 6.5in and I thought all that would fit was 6in. Any suggestions re: powering the splits?

Sub in the back......Any suggestions on an amp / woofer brand and what power to go for - The type of set up im looking for is something that will provide nice clean bass at low and high notes as well as something that can blast away. Looking to spend around $1200 - $1500 max

Cheers,
Kurt.

andrewgrazier

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT COMMODORE 50th ANNIVERSARY
well when you take the old speakers out n put the new ones in
youll have to cut out the back of the white plastic bracket
this is because the new speakers have a bigger magnet
when u take it out you will see what i mean.
i just used a jigsaw n hacked it out n it took like 5 min.
i really cant reccomend any brand of sub, ive heard boss audio, alpine and sony and the differnce between them isnt that much especally for the price
id make sure you get probably a 12 in with dual coils.
i gtg arhg

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
ok subs, the jaycar kevlar 12 inch subs are good for SQ and a bit of bump but if you really want some punch get a kicker solo baric 12inch and then a jaycar 800Wrms monoblock amp (they are suited to each other) and that will rattle you head apart but sound like ****! really do you want SQ or SPL out your sub?
theres really no point for splits in the rear of the car. you should spend, say 65% on the fronts and 35% on the rears, thats my rule. splits are almost the only speakers you should consider for the front because of the superior SQ they offer for the higher frequencies.