Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy stolen using spare key

Cmeb south

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy executive
So my vy was stolen the other week due to my own stupidity ( they got there hands on my spare key) but luckily they couldnt drive for **** and blew front tyre ( killed the rim) and dumped it like a km from my place so luckily i got it back. The problem is i assume they still have the key as it wasnt left in car so now im fairly paranoid they can just come back and take it again!! So what i want to know is what do i have to do in regards to locks/alarm/immobilizer? Can i just change the bcm and get it reprogrammed or do i have to change door lock and ignition as well ...... any advice mucj appreciated thanx

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
call a locksmith and get the locks and keys replaced.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
I use 2 club locks too

1 for steering wheel... which aint hard to get off but not everyones dragging around the certain cutting tool in their pockets

Another one called a coplock which disables the brake pedal

Take your fuses out if paranoid.

Slip in a quick killswitch on fuel pump

But yea get a locksmith

buzzard59

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore vy s series11
do what i did put a key kill switch on the pulse wire for the fuel injection no fuel no start ???? i've done this on all my cars that have been fuel injected. Works well

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah id be pulling something from under the bonnet like a relay that can be taken out without being obvious what the missing part is. They won't have time go over the whole car trying to get it going, before giving up because its too hard.

Vince Warne

Reaction score
Members Ride
H.b.d vy ute.commodore
By a Rotty put in car wait for all hell to brake loose it is funny watch a lolife running up the road with his ass missing