Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY strut brace issues

dopey666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ss
I recently got a strut brace to put on my VY ss and all seemed fine till i tried to close the bonnet.. it seems as tho the strut brace is hitting the bonnet.. is there any reason this might happen?? its Technically a series 1 ss but already had the pins for the brace and its a factory strut brace .. so is there any reason it might be hitting the bonnet and stopping it from closing properly.. any help would be appreciated.. cheers James

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
Take a pic of how its fitted and post it up here, just for reference here is mine which came standard on my series 2 SS

2012-01-12184328.jpg

dopey666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ss
yeah it looks the same as that but its hitting the bonnet when i close it.. hitting right in the middle.. im curious if there is a slight differance in the bonnet between S1 and S2..

dopey666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ss
tapping the bonnet and it wouldnt flex and you could feel it was hitting somthing.. also the white marks ontop of the brace.. :)

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Says invalid attachment.. You don't have any washers under the brace?

dopey666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ss
na no washers or spacers.. and the bolts where already there so i didnt put them in the wrong place.. thats whats got me stumped and thinking the s1 and s2 bonnets may be slightly different..

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
I bought a strut brace from Holden and put it on because the old owner took it off and left the nuts there.. Unless there is a different brace for s1 and s2..

Killswitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL HSV Grange
When you put it on did it just fall into place? Or did you have to force it?

Other thing might be is your bonnet hinges might have been adjusted lower, do you know if the cars ever had a smash in the front?