Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Super Low Suspension

AlX

Reaction score
Website
www.aryadesigns.com
Members Ride
VY 2004 Calais II
:wave: Guys iam trying to get me Vy Berlina on super lows, i already got standard lowering done.But the guys at the Mechanic shop told me that the Rear wheels will scrape off to the Body or Mud Flaps....What is the Solution??
I've seen commodores on super lows So, it can be done Ri8!!! Any ideas?

Cheers :drink:

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
Yes you can fit superlows my VY just had em in Lovells are VERY good you will need 18's to give you adequete clearence under car .

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 11,309

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
Mine are superlow lovells I gave the susspension shop the part numbers and doubled checked they are supalows next one down are ultralows good luck if you choose those.

I just want one

Reaction score
Members Ride
WANTED - VP Calais
Daz,

your ride looks excellent.

I have a few questions...

1. does the ride get harsh on lovells super lows
2. did you have to change your shockies as well
3. watzit cost
4. did you have to fit a rear camber adjustment kit

sorry for all the q's but these are things that have been bothering me when considering dropping my VY

thanks for your time :w00t:

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
I just want one said:
Daz,

your ride looks excellent.

I have a few questions...

1. does the ride get harsh on lovells super lows
2. did you have to change your shockies as well
3. watzit cost
4. did you have to fit a rear camber adjustment kit

sorry for all the q's but these are things that have been bothering me when considering dropping my VY

thanks for your time :w00t:
My ride with superlows is very close to FE2 not to hard and not to soft it does definatly handle better but not at all bouncy Kingsprings are harder and I didnt like the ride of my bosses vyss on kings and nor did he I would definatly stick with lovels I have not changed shockies and after using car or many different roads including some nasty bumbs i dont intend to as the standard shocks have not bottomed out or caused any Grieff all up springs cost $265 + $50 to fit fronts I did rears myself (not recomended) but if drove into a susspention shop expect to pay $400-$500 fitted inc 4 wheel alignment the VY's also have just enough adjustment to correct camber and regular rotation's every few thousand K's will give you spot on tire wear all up I am very happy with my set up any lower and you will need a camber kit and new shocks and shortend bump stops and a possible defect hardly worth it my car now sits at 325mm from center of wheel cap to gaurd rear and 235mm centre of cap to gaurd front the reason the front appears higher is the front guard is acctualy cut higher than rear guard but looking side on the sill from front wheel to back wheel is dead level and by the way since car has been lowered I have not scraped a single speedbump or kurb so mate go lovell superlows and drive on buddy I hope I helped.

AlX

Reaction score
Website
www.aryadesigns.com
Members Ride
VY 2004 Calais II
Ultra Lows Suspension

:b: ahhhhhhhhh dats the 1 i wanted.DAMN IT...i have to get the rear folded it...by the way does dat get the ride more bumpy !???dats wat i want -- is dat any good!!?? :ranting:
By the way i havent got body kits so it should be allri8!!

I just want one

Reaction score
Members Ride
WANTED - VP Calais
thanks Daz, your help is very much appreciated. My VY Berlina rides very nice now and I dont want to compromise that when I lower it. Obviously it will get a bit harder but I dont want besser blocks as springs......

I had a VY SS before the Berlina and I loved the way it sat, to go a bit below that and make it look like yours would be great.

Just need to get finance approval from the "Minister for Finance and War" :flame: and I am set :whistling

cheers

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6