Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy supercharged questions

joeythehungarian

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CALIAS L67
hey everyone. iv been on this website so many times trying to find specific questions. but unless there hidden i couldn't come across them.
any ways i have a VY L67. 88000km no mods.

1.what i want to know is. if i put a 10PSI pulley on its own without any other mods. what power will i be looking at.

2. that hsv xu6 190kw memcal. rubbish or worth the $160

3. high ratio roller rockers. are they better than the 10PSI pulley

if i do all 3 mods what power will i be looking at in kw

if any1 whos done these mods could help then it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
i have never had a supercharged v6, but http://v6supercharged.com.au/ should be able to help you out, they have a lot of experience with supercharged v6's.

BIG-EV

Project VT (In Progress)
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2000 VTII Executive 3.8L Supercharged V6 Wagon
Hey the best thing you can do with ya L67 is a boost upgrade it can run 12psi non intercooled easy and probs 14psi with smaller iridium spark plugs. for the xu6 chip ur only changing ya performance by 9 flywheel kws (hardly noticable) so its better holding off till you done ya other mods then custom dyno it. the pulleys and small belt ur looking at round $550. FIT will custom make any pulley size from 8psi to 22psi.
get ya pulley first as the rockers wont do much with low PSI. if you want a new cam shaft is a better option with crow cams doing a good custom grind one that has over .5 lift. but u still have to install them. Mace engineering or fit do a 1.98:1 ratio rockers which will require new push rods otherwise 1.95:1 will fit fine.

if you looking further down the track you can inter cool it but yeah have a look around.

Im about to finish my supercharged ecotec engine build with it running 25PSI boost through a blizzard intercooler kit and onto ACP racing heads. got a custom grind cam and looking to produce around 450HP-500HP at the treads and all is available from a low 2000 rpm :):yeah:

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
The pulley upgrade is the first step and do rockers later if you want more. The rockers wouldn't actually give you more power withough having 1st done the pulley upgrade because you wouldn't have enough boost to utilise the extra lift from the rockers.

87mm pulley is the go. Don't buy into this 10, 11.5, 12, 14 psi crap as the 87mm (10psi) pulley is the best starting point. any more than that and the ecu will be retarding timing hard and that send the power backwards. It's a good idea to do a bit of a cold air intake improvement and some cooler heat range plugs after the pulley while running on 98octane fuel all the time too. The ECU will optimise its settings to get the best of those mods.

Power wise if you will get about 140 - 150rwkw with a pulley and rockers. A full exhaust helps but at least a cat back is a good start but doesn't really make more power until you are well into modifying the L67.

The post above mine refers to 450-500rwhp.....forget that. It's a myth and will not happen. The fastest VT L67 in AUS has around 330rwhp on a good day and it runs high 11s and has one of everything on it with extensive dyno and development time just as an example.

edit: forget the XU6 chip IMO, the stock ECU is very adaptive and with the CAI, pulley and rockers it is more than capable of accomodating them well so you can save your dosh

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
hey everyone. iv been on this website so many times trying to find specific questions. but unless there hidden i couldn't come across them.
any ways i have a VY L67. 88000km no mods.

1.what i want to know is. if i put a 10PSI pulley on its own without any other mods. what power will i be looking at.

2. that hsv xu6 190kw memcal. rubbish or worth the $160

3. high ratio roller rockers. are they better than the 10PSI pulley

if i do all 3 mods what power will i be looking at in kw

if any1 whos done these mods could help then it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

For answers to what you seek look here:
www.l67torque.com • Index page
By the way great looking car.

SW

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Listen to surfwagon , and go on the website everything you need to know is on there & shop around for the parts you want, there are some big price differences and quality issues
Im glad someone put me onto the site before I started to spend

HDT_racer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Supercharged
Just thought I'd put my 2 cent worth in. I've got a supercharged VY calais and its got the following mods, 3.2" pulley, SS inductions cai, Yella Terra 1.95 rockers XU6 chip and I have a set of 1 3/4 pacemaker headers and a VZ Clubsport exhaust waiting to go on when i find the time (damn house renovations haha)

The pulley and cai are what i've found to be the best seat of the pants mods so far, and have a look on ebay in the states for a pulley because you can pick them up for $90 US brand new and they are very well made.

The chip didnt make any huge power increases and nor did i expect it to, but the engine does rev out cleaner, drive smoother and it reduced the knock retard and the trans program really livened up the shifts and made them more positive.

As for the rockers I think the car only went better because my wallet was way lighter after buying them, but that may change with the headers and exhaust.
Having said that Yella Terra rockers are beautiful and they are the only rockers i have ever used or considered using on my 308 race engines and I would probably have brought them regardless.

Now off to see if I can work out how to get the bloody center console out...................