Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY supercharged?

kurt

kurt
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT belina
Hay all

My mate owns a VY calais series 2 with the stock supercharger on it. The only mods he has done to the vehicle is full sports exhaust including extractors and high flow cats. I was wondering what other supercharged V6 with full exhaust does down the 1/4 mile.?

Thanks Kurt

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
With no boost upgrade you would be looking at around 15 - mid 14s. If you fit a smaller supercharger pulley to increase the boost level times will be getting into the mid to low 14s.

kurt

kurt
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT belina
With no boost upgrade you would be looking at around 15 - mid 14s. If you fit a smaller supercharger pulley to increase the boost level times will be getting into the mid to low 14s.

Really that quick.? with only exhaust as a mod.?

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
15ish is realistic. After you've run the 1/4 a few times at that speed you won't think 15 is quick. I'm looking for low 12s after having only run 14secs as a best before

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Name - Jim
Car - HSV XU6
Mods - Stock HSV goodies
Tyres - Maxxis MA-V1
Weight - ?
Time - 14.9
MPH - 93.2
60ft - ?
Thats from a rival forum... but gives you an idea. A stock L67 there ran 14.9. So that one would probably be in the 14s range, at worst in the 15s.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Jim ended up fitting NOS and running a 35hp shot got a 13.8sec 1/4 at Heathcote.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Which NOS system was it though? Direct or spray? Spray with a supercharger will not work as well because it gets compressed. If it is injected it goes in through the injectors and is more controlled. Just needs tuning after that. But i was only quoting that because it's one run i saw without mods.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Sniper wet kit sprayed throught the throttle body and untuned with an 82mm pulley from memory. 35hp was very conservative and people are easily running 100hp shots in AUS l67s

kurt

kurt
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT belina
Oh ok then thats pritty quick then.

taztassio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S L67
Which NOS system was it though? Direct or spray? Spray with a supercharger will not work as well because it gets compressed. If it is injected it goes in through the injectors and is more controlled. Just needs tuning after that. But i was only quoting that because it's one run i saw without mods.

the blower doesnt compress within itself.

injecting pre blower or post (into the LIM) will have a very similar effect.

an injector per runner would be nice though