Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Supercharger

seala

Reaction score
Members Ride
not yet
First timer here so go easy on me!

I waslooking to get a 'standard' VY S pack. Have seen a couple of VY's S with the S/C engine that maybe within the budget.

Is the S/C that much better than the standard V6 or is the extra fuel not worth the effort.

Also as the engine was discountinued could there be a problem with spares etc.. in the future?

Any views on the S/C engine appreciated.

Thanks
S.

A

Attakarrak

The standard VY V6 has 152Kw and supercharging it may get you 20 to 30 kw or even more depends on what stage you get. But a supercharger kit takes power from the engine before it gives power back to the engine so...
eg: if you get a supercharger kit that gives 25Kw, once installed you may find that you only got a 20Kw increase on top of your standard 152Kw power.
Turbo on the other hand does not take power before you get power because it is to do with the exhaust system,
Supercharges are forced air inductions and Turbos force burnt fumes out and either way you go, if you do supercharge or turbo I sugest you get a decent set of Pacemaker or Lukey extractors and a 2.5 inch or 3 inch exhaust system maybe with a Hotdog in the middle instead of a muffler to make your car sound heaps better.

The Supercharged engine is noticebly better then the standard V6 and fuel does burn a bit quicker but it all depends on how you drive your car and what fuel you use ie, BP Ultimate 98 Octane or Standard 91 Octane Unleaded.
Many Preformance stores arround will most definatly continue to get the parts in, haha you can still get parts for the old 3.5.1 Big Block V8s from like 30 years ago.
Hope this helps mate.
Danny.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
no offence attakarrak, but i think u said more then u needed to and in too much detail.

seala, if a stock supercharged VY S is in ur price range i recommend u to get it. These cars can put some V8s to shame. with the charged V6 it also very easy to get more power and throttle response just by upgrading the supercharger pulley.

it is tru that superchargers take power from the engine b4 they giv it back but u still get a significant power gain.

cody_(ve/R8)

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve clubsport r8
Yes its tru I had it done. and yea you do get a good significant power gain.
its because it labours the engine if u like to say because some of the stock power gets used up in running the supercharger pulley.

P.S I am Attakarrak but ive signed in as my brother because for some reason I have been banned from using this site :(

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
cody_(vy) said:
P.S I am Attakarrak but ive signed in as my brother because for some reason I have been banned from using this site :(

Must've been that post you wrote elsewhere about stealing fuel and then made an insulting racist remark. Oh, and that other one where you said "**** the Police". Stuff like that will get you nowhere mate.

And then I can't believe you gave yourself away by saying you logged on as your brother!!! :b:

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
davey g-force said:
And then I can't believe you gave yourself away by saying you logged on as your brother!!! :b:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
OMG, that is the best thing i've seen all day, after you said that i scrolled up to see what the result was and what did i see.... "Banned" lmfao, omg thats good ****.