Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy sv8 dual exhaust fit under a vt ?

vtmanualv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD 3.8L
I have the opportunity to buy a stock vy sv8 cat back exhaust for really cheap. I have intentions on changing the mufflers, and maybe if some of the bends are the best get new bends welded in. Basically modify it to my likings. But my question is will the hangers for this exhaust go straight up to my vt v6.
Vy Sv8 is dual 2 1/4 or dual 2 inch?
Thanks for the info...

jenkos_vl

Reaction score
yea it will fit. .

but i wouldnt wast money modifieing it. .

you can buy them off ebay for $20, .
i have also seen guys giving them away when they get aftermarket systems.

also vt v6 is only a single cat, where as the system is designed to fit dual cat. .

will work out alot cheap to just by a system designed for your car. .

you can by them for 150-200 these days.

Dan

vtmanualv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD 3.8L
i was actualy offered this exhaust to take it away for $20 ahaha
Im keen of dual exhaust for my car anyways from extractors back dual cats and dual all the way through
im after something different, because everyone has a single 2.5 exhaust.
i also heard some dual exhausts that sounds nice.

When i say modify it, i meant like buying some mufflers from lukey or so, and getting a mate to weld it in for me instead of the stock mufflers, also some bends on the exhaust, cut the bends out and weld in new mandrel bends. thats what i really meant.
Im actually a apprentice mechanic so know alot of people through the trade doing different stuff. Its good i can muck around with my car without paying much or nothing at all.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
For 20 bucks go for it :). All the rear section will bolt up, you will have to modify the front a bit to make it twin cats but no big deal. I have the rear section from a VT-Y on the VP and even that goes straight on (the rear muffler part). I modifed the hangers but only because I needed more room to fit some extra go fast sections in. Using up other peoples thrown out stuff for a worthy cause makes you much more warm and fuzzy than buying new parts. It's morally correct :). I wouldn't worry about changing the mufflers but if you add a merge chamber in there it will go really well :)