Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SV8 Tonner

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
exhaust is on

Xforce stainless 4-1's
100cpi metal cats
Custom twin 2 1/2" exhaust

IMGP5839.jpg

IMGP5840.jpg

IMGP5841.jpg

Corbs1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6
Hey mate, this is an incredibly broad question i know. but next year (2010) im looking at selling my current ute and buying a VZ V8 tonner, partially for show, partially for the farm.
I've got the money, all im waiting for is my full licence for the V8 incase these SA P-plater laws come in.
I just wanted to know your opinion on the VY/VZ tonners..? not many people seem do them up and im wondering if i've missed a huge problem with them, which turns people off?
Why did you buy the tonner and what problems, if any, have you had with them?
Cheers

STOKED

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5ltr UTE
Hey mate, this is an incredibly broad question i know. but next year (2010) im looking at selling my current ute and buying a VZ V8 tonner, partially for show, partially for the farm.
I've got the money, all im waiting for is my full licence for the V8 incase these SA P-plater laws come in.
I just wanted to know your opinion on the VY/VZ tonners..? not many people seem do them up and im wondering if i've missed a huge problem with them, which turns people off?
Why did you buy the tonner and what problems, if any, have you had with them?
Cheers

Buy 1 mate you won't regret it...They are top ****!!!

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
id buy one if i could find the right one. maybe soon. id love a VY SS wagon though :)

Corbs1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6
I've found the right one lol but (still living at home and being 20 yrs old) its just my rents are telling me to buy a block of land and 'invest' in something that will appreciate in value...not a car. yes they are right but hell, i want something to enjoy myself in after a long hard weeks work!

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
Honestly I didn't want a tonner when i first bought it. I was after a VY SS ute but this one came up. Only problems i have found are the diff whine (in most tonners and crewmans), the shitty fuel tank design and rattles if you have a loose bolt in the tray (make sure you get a quality built welded tray and not a shitty bolt together one).
Other than that, its just a ute that you dont have to worry about scratching if you reverse into something.
Also you are open for countless designs on the back.

Go for it

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
Done a fair bit lately

Battery has been relocated to under the tray and put a kill switch where the battery was

IMGP6228.jpg

IMGP6250.jpg

Fitted a JVC touch screen DVD headunit
Top photo is the unit in the top DIN slot and the second is after i moved it to the bottom slot so i can still use the AC controls

IMGP6489.jpg

IMGP6508.jpg

And finally finished the grille that i started months ago

DSC_0017.jpg

Last edited: