Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] Vy tech 2 and soldering in brisbane

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
Two completely non critical things I'd like done on my VY SS....

1. I'd like my police mode turned on for digital speedo. Wondering if anyone feels like doing this for me in Brissy? Or knows somewhere cheap?

2. Would love the 3.5mm aux cable soldered into my six disc. My soldering iron is wayyyyy too big for this delicate work and my attempt has failed. Anyone?

I'm willing to give the backyarder a crack, it's only a car.......

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Well I do have a Tech2, but to be honest I don't really know what I'm doing with it much. So far I've only really used it for diagnostics on my VE. Was a bit confused on getting it to work with a HSV last night. So I'm not sure I'd be able to get the police mode thing working. It might need access to TIS2WEB ($55 I think) and/or a more experienced operator. Might need dealer security access though. If you want to (and can), come along to a meet on Tues and we can take a look. Check out http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...eet-read-first-post-next-meet-details-53.html for details on where we meet now. If someone else knows how to do it and shares the info, we should be good. I'll have a play with it and TIS2000 tonight to see what menus and things it has for the VY, it might give me an idea on what needs to be done. As for soldering, you don't want me to do that...

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
i have tech2 can do that no issues, you do need TIS Security access which i have, same with programming keys. Im on other side of toowoomba though, have soldering gear to if you have it ready to go.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
i have tech2 can do that no issues, you do need TIS Security access which i have, same with programming keys. Im on other side of toowoomba though, have soldering gear to if you have it ready to go.

Is the SS different? I can turn the digital speedo on in my VY Executive without any TIS software.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
it makes it permanent though

What do you mean permanent? I just went and tested my Tech2 and I turned off the digital speedo and ensured it was, and then turned it back on.

No........

No to can do, or no to need TIS?

Because you can change the PPK with a Tech2.

Both under the same menu.

0zdd.jpg

r9xa.jpg

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
you'd need it for both, it'l ask for TIS key on entry, unless you have higher level access 3 it'l just show as stars and let you in.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
you'd need it for both, it'l ask for TIS key on entry, unless you have higher level access 3 it'l just show as stars and let you in.

I'm just confused, "higher level access 3", whats that?

I have personally changed the PPK and Digital speedometer on my car, with just my Chinese Tech2, and no TIS software.