Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Ute - Fuel Filling Problem

juzzy61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ute S Series 2 2004
geez... bargain and a half.. mines insured 4 19k... im crying as the ams go up lol 4.5 for a trade it dayummmm would rather it get written off lol but i dont wanna do that coz id cry haha

baby_troupe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Dual Fuel
A write off would have been better financially, but I needed a reliable vehicle for work and I was not going to wait for another truck to hit it.

It did have a minor bingle a few months before I sold it too where a truck hit the drivers side of it.
A few panels and a mirror later it was back.
But did take 3 weeks to get it fixed and was never really the same.
Then the mechanical gremlins started and I ran out of patience, so looked on the web for VE with factory LPG, found what I wanted and the deal was done.

Manta_268

Reaction score
Website
www.dmtagency.com.au
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2 Wag, VE SV6 Z-Series Ute
I had a VY "S" ute for 8 years and it did it almost all the time with the nozzle in what most people see as the correct position.
Twist it 90 degrees either way and you can then squeeze the trigger 3/4 to full and will fill much quicker.
Sold the old girl last year with almost 400,000km on the clock.

thanks mate.. will try tomorrow

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
My rodeo does the same ya just gotta try different positions with the nozzle I find having it upside-down and out a bit. Works the best on mine to me it let's air in and out of the tank to relive the pressure in it and lets the fuel flow .

Manta_268

Reaction score
Website
www.dmtagency.com.au
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2 Wag, VE SV6 Z-Series Ute
Twist it 90 degrees either way and you can then squeeze the trigger 3/4 to full and will fill much quicker.

Did this today and mine gave me a big burp of air and fuel... and started taking fuel at between 3/4 and flat out on the pump... I think I might of had an air lock also...

VY_SS_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SS ute
Hey Benniee

What was the problem in the end?

Just bought and ss ute 3 months ago and its doing what yours is now. Its definatly not the bowser because when filled from a jerry can, you can see the fuel rush up the filler hose (which would click the bowzer). Just curious what you found out. Im guessing a blockage in the breather or the filler hose.