Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy ute regency defect in Adelaide is it worth getting the defect off?

VZ_SV6_6Speed

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6 6 Speed Manual
The other day my brother was driving my vy ute that I've only had for a few months and got pulled over and had the book thrown at him for everything they could find which was rear tyres being on the wear lines, too low which was only because I had my tools in the back, too loud which was fair enough, leaking steering arms and there is a gas system that is disconnected but hasnt been removed. so my main question is has anyone got a vy commodore ute or similar to pass thru regency in Adelaide before and how much did it cost and in the end was it worth it? Cheers.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Cost is dependant on what they find.

No I haven''t put one through, but putting it through guarantees you, the car will be roadworthy....Choice is yours though

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Tools don't matter, if its low due to weight then its unroadworthy.

About 12 months, in the Riverland of S.A, the Adelaide coppers went up there on a defect blitz...I personally know of a few IRS equipped Commodores that the coppers defected for being too low in the rear, when they had 2 or 3 people in the back and tools in the boot.

Out come.....Defects were ripped off free of charged and the Adelaide coppers got reemed by their superiors when they returned and will never set foot in the riverland again on official police duties.

There were other pathetic defect notices they handed out at the time too, which were dealt with in the same manner

Now make of this what you wish

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've heard if you get to book it in for the last appointment of the day they won't want to spend too much time going over it. Now whether this is true or not I can not confirm.

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
About 12 months, in the Riverland of S.A, the Adelaide coppers went up there on a defect blitz...I personally know of a few IRS equipped Commodores that the coppers defected for being too low in the rear, when they had 2 or 3 people in the back and tools in the boot.

Out come.....Defects were ripped off free of charged and the Adelaide coppers got reemed by their superiors when they returned and will never set foot in the riverland again on official police duties.

There were other pathetic defect notices they handed out at the time too, which were dealt with in the same manner

Black magic

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s

Now make of this what you wish
Treated

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
with corana virus, less cars on the road, less money for sa gov/police so in lean times they have to revenue raise in other ways hence defect more cars, but flat worn tyres usually indicates ? and leads to getting picked on :)

VZ_SV6_6Speed

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6 6 Speed Manual
Alright cheers for the feedback. I'm going to swap all the parts over on the weekend and remove the gas system and see how I go, Rest of the car is tidy so hopefully it passes.

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
Do you have a mechanic mate that can have a quick look over/under the car pre inspection to make sure you pass first go?

Regency will brake test it so make sure they're all good.

Clean it inside and out. They will appreciate it.