Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Ute, water leaking into tray

kurt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
Hey guys, i have a vy ss ute, below the rear windscreen left and right there are drainage holes, im thinking one of the pipes might have come off as anytime it rains or if you pour water there, it drains directly into the tray, im trying to waterproof that area in preparation for moving, any idea how I can replace the drainage tube that would have been there?

Attachments

• 20200703_082349.jpg
    20200703_082349.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 382

kurt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
Hose was completely gone, had to remove the front side access panel in the tray and take off a few bits to get proper access, it looks like the hose goes through and is just melted down a bit to keep it from falling through

lowriding

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I am not 100% sure but I think the hose may have been glued in place. The drainage hole is pretty much level (genius design not) water ends up in the tray even when hose is replaced. If you Jack up your Ute & look under you will see the other end of the drainage hose (about midway of the Ute off memory) of whichever side the hose is still in place. I had the same problem & considered using either some screen door rubber / or window rubber seal to create a rubber wall in that area so when the rain ended up in that area, the water would just bounce of the rubber wall & into the drainage hole. Couldn't say if my thoughts would have done any good or worked due not getting around to doing it & the Ute now parked in the shed in storage. Please do let is know how you go water proofing your Ute.