Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY V6 Engine in a Vr Commodore??

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
I haven't done this so not sure how many hours it would take but most mechanics would charge around $80 an hour I'd say. Are you changing the engine and transmission in one? It's a big job especially replacing the wiring harness and ECU as I'd say he has to change the wiring between the 2 which would mean pulling the console and dash out. When it's done go and check out a VS to make sure all the little clips and brackets etc that hold wires in place have all been fitted.

mr_kreative

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim 3.8L
hey guys i finally converted the vy v6 engine in a vr commodore, i just got the 2.5 red back sport exhaust its ok, but there's no torque like 0-60km its pretty sluggish, when i had my vr engine, when i pressed the accelerator abit you'd feel it pull, but with the vy engine in its pretty sluggish down low.. now is this due to the engine or the exhaust is to big, cause i heard 2 1/4 is good for take off.. ???

i want my car to have quick responsive acceleration, its the best feeling. any suggestions..?

what mods can i do to make it like my vr, i used 2 love the torque man, this vy engine is way 2 slow down low

chrisdoesitbetter

| → ³8°º™ ← |
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8L
i wouldnt be expecting much from either a buick or an ecotec... although your vy ecotec is probably faster than it feels, i mean there is almost ten years of refinement there.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
My VY Ecotech is a lot better than the buick in my old VN and if at all slower 0-400 metre times it's marginal at best.
If you have the 2.5" exhaust maybe try replacing the mufflers if you have the straight thru type replace them with the type with a similar path through them to the originals (offset inlet and outlets).

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
no torque? I've got a standard ecotec with an exhaust in my vy, if i plant my foot it goes rather hard for a 6..

Doesn't sound like something quite right.

mr_kreative

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim 3.8L
Sorry boys all good, it was only running on 5 cylinders, one of the spark plugs were faulty, now it ***in boggies:)

just a quick question, that mace engineering place, is it worth getting high ratio roller rockers, they seem expensive??
and bigger throttle..?

rosso

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive
ive got a vn commodore, has a lot of work done to it, wanted to know what u had to change to put the vy in ur car, for instance wiring harness, engine mounts, transmission, exaus. does it go any better than ur old engine,

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
ive got a vn commodore, has a lot of work done to it, wanted to know what u had to change to put the vy in ur car, for instance wiring harness, engine mounts, transmission, exaus. does it go any better than ur old engine,

I don't know how much differance to ecotec motor is beween vy and vt

But i had a vr v6 now i have vt v6.....The vr was a much rev happy engine
I understand the vt got more weight but i would never even think of going ecotec when you have a buick