Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY V6 Engine in a Vr Commodore??

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
Sorry boys all good, it was only running on 5 cylinders, one of the spark plugs were faulty, now it ***in boggies:)

just a quick question, that mace engineering place, is it worth getting high ratio roller rockers, they seem expensive??
and bigger throttle..?
people might say differant but bigger throttle body make no differance only makes you think you power...As the opening is bigger....Don't waste your money on throttle body...Been there done that

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
As far as Mace stuff goes if you want anything I'd just get the spacer between the plenum and inlet manifold they increase low down torque back to about what the Buick has/had sio I understand and they are not that expensive.

ecotec_vg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute ecotec/T5 5sp
hey guys jw if any 1 has any info for me , im putting a ecotec into my 5sp vg ute. its a vt ecotec auto motor. ive found a single mass flywheel from the wreckers and its an after market 1 made by exedy. ino the ecotec auto and manual cranks are different coz the manuals us 2 8mm dowel holes to locate the flywheel but im not worried about that just going to use new genuine flywheel bolts from holden. the box im using is the factory T5 from the ute ino it will bolt up to the ecotec coz the vs series 1 used the ecotec with the T5 from factory. any other problems anyone knows about would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys

XALARA444

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore BT1
ok just a heads up
im getting a VY motor
VY transmission
removing the VY solenoids from the transmission and replacing with the VS solenoids
also changing the VR Wiring loom to the VS loom
now what did ''Wortus" mean about the ECU Can u give me more info about that ??

rozzdawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
I bought a vs v6 with shift kit 2.5" exhaust extractors and cold air intake and apparently mace engineering did all the work I dunno much about it but it scares me in the wet hahah I was thinking of putting a vy v6 in it as I'm only red Ps
opinions?

thatbrynguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Commodore SS 5.7L M6
I bought a vs v6 with shift kit 2.5" exhaust extractors and cold air intake and apparently mace engineering did all the work I dunno much about it but it scares me in the wet hahah I was thinking of putting a vy v6 in it as I'm only red Ps
opinions?

...the VS and VY had the same 6 cylinder motor. At best you'd have a slightly less tired version of exactly what you've got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vr/owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr commodore
i have a 94 vr have put 97 vs ecotec into vr , had a 6 wire plug on ecotec loom and 5 wire on vr now i have a pink wire left over ?? what is it ? and it wont start please help