Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY V6 Surging while hot while idling

darkelf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 S2
Hi everyone, Ive been having a weird intermittent issue with my vy v6. On hot days or when its been working hard eg towing while at a red light/at a stop, the rpm will start to surge which has caused stalls in the past and not starting but cranking. I replaced the cam sensor last year after getting a error code and it hasn't stalled since but the surging hasn't really stopped just slowed down the amount of times it happens and how bad it is, it also seems to more surge upwards in rpm now rather than just bouncing around then stalling. Any ideas what would be causing this or how to fix it would be helpful, my thoughts are that its getting too much fuel some how which may be the DFI or crank sensor but don't want to replace parts without knowing the problem first, i checked all the wiring/connections and they seem fine, injectors serviced recently. The car is in very good working order besides that issue good compression, serviced regularly, has good fuel economy etc. Thanks in advance.