Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY V8 problem with cruise control

viccib

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Executive Sedan
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone knows what could be the problem with my cruise control and how to fix it. I have a VY V8 sedan and the cruise control doesn't work but everything else on the stalk does. Have gotten a good stalk from the wreckers and still isn't working. HELP!!! Thanks :)

viccib

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Executive Sedan
do u know where and how to fix this?? any and all help very much appreciated. Thanks

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
You get another module, they go for $20-$60 on eBay.

It piss easy to change. Disconnect cruise control cable at throttle body (just disconnect, don't remove whole cable), disconnect cable at module side (twist cover anticlockwise, then remove cable from holder in module, you will look at it and work it out in 5 seconds flat), unclip the wiring harness, and just remove the screws holding in the module. Reverse to install. Its really a 10 minute job.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Make sure that the "2nd hand" stalk you bought is actually working.
VY/VZ C/C stalks have a habit of dying if you use CC a lot.
I put up with mine for ages as some days it would work and others nothing would happen.
It would light up on the dash but when you wanted it to activate nothing would happen,
Bought a new stalk about 18months ago and has worked perfect ever since.
Next time it starts playing up will just go and buy a new stalk, if you can still buy one new with Holden discontinuing so many parts these days.

viccib

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Executive Sedan
Thanks everyone :). have since discovered that the original stalk is fine so would it be the module then??

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Check clutch pedal switch if manual, check brake switch is working and not stuck on.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yeah, if everything else is ok, then big chance its a faulty cruise module. Mine failed a while back in my VS. First it just started turning off by itself when going along with it turned on and set, then it died altogether and did nothing. Everything else I checked was ok, so I replaced the module under the bonnet and shes been working again ever since.

viccib

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Executive Sedan
thanks everyone! really appreciate all the help :)