Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY VX clubby kit

RhysVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VSII
Hey guys , im new to the forums, 4 weeks until i get my Ps and iv been looking around for a good priced VR. Iv also been looking around for kits, iv been leaning towards the VY VX club style, was just wondering if i could get some advice / experiences or some pics to help me decide, im really torn between them both? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, i was wondering how much a good paint job would cost me, im looking at either black or kryptonite green with a gloss finish.

thanks guys

Last edited:

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
this guy has the vy bodykit on a vs... im deadset in LOVE with this car!! vy kit looks mental on a vr/vs!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216263
as for paintjob.. good one will cost u at least $2000 but it all depends how custom u want 2 go...
good luck with the test!!

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
if you wanted to paint it black you'd be looking at a minimum of around $2k just in the prep work (taking into account a 12yr+ old car will have a few trolley dings, etc.)
black paint needs to be applied to a PERFECTLY straight panel, or it will look dodgy as. so many, many hours of prep are needed.....i guess what im saying is black isnt a good idea.
to have the colour of a car changed, even to just a basic stock acrilic or 2 pac colour, would cost in the vicinity of $5k+. there's alot of work involved in respraying a car a new colour, the car needs to be practically stripped and dismantled totally (remove- engine, all hanging panels, all glass, moulds, interior and rubbers, bailey channels, etc...)

RhysVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VSII
Can someone help me out and tell me the differences between the aero and regular VY club kit? I cant seem to find much of a difference. How much is each retailing for? and could i possibly get some links to see these kits on some VR/VS'?

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
go 2 cardomain.com and search 93-97 holdens.. theres a few that have the vy kits..
prices:back when i was interested in getting the kit i found a guy that did the whole vy hsv shabang (front, rear, side) for just under 900.. didnt really do a whole lotta research as i quit my job soon after