Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy-vz cd player fit into vx?

kazalex

karen
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2,s pack
hi,will a cd player stock,from a vz-vy fit into a vx without having to change the wiring?thanks

M

mwb235

It can be done. I saw these pics on either this or another forum, can't remember which one and when it was posted, or which member. Credits to who ever it was. Not sure about the wiring plugs, but i'd say they'd be different (i.e. because it's Eurovox versus Blaupunkt etc).

Attachments

• VY stereo into VT #01.JPG
    VY stereo into VT #01.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 7,277
  • VY stereo into VT #02.jpg
    VY stereo into VT #02.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 3,560

callum_88

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec 5 spd/ VZ SS 6 spd 6ltr
i like the radio and thought about putting it in my vt, but when you compare the vy sharp looking radio, to the circular looking interior in my own opinion it looks a little odd, but im prob getting a little picky though

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Why would you want a VY one in a VT? If you had one lying around i'd say fair enough, but look to aftermarket ones?

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Something about the wiring loom, the VY unit being too long so mods having to be done and it not sitting flush unless you cut some of the dash facia away.

Not worth the hassle.

nick3110

2.5" Catback
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S2
yeh, it does seem pretty pointless.. just go with an aftermarket one.. and get a little single din tray.. looks pretty good if u get the right head unit..