Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY/VZ Clubsport

jimmy_bob

not another hillbilly
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina V6
g'day guys, got a hopefully quick question that someone might be able to answer. I want to buy a VY/VZ Clubsport rear bar to go on my VT. Now will a genuine VY/VZ Clubsport rear bar fit or do i have to get a crappy fibreglass one??

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Won't fit... cheap and nasty fibreglass... sorry

HybridAero

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Equipe
fibreglass kits can be good, but now days with ebay and all, anyone who has half a idea how to fibreglass, can sell there back yard kits on ebay and compete with the professionals, and some shops are trying to compete on ebay, to stay open

because of the above, the price has fallen dramatically on kits, and sorry to say so has the quality, lots of bad copyies are out there now and given fibreglass kits a really bad name

not to mention thin bodykits, to cut down on materials used to make them, that have sky rocketed in recient times, resins etc used to make them as they are a petrolium by product

a good quality made bodykit, will have min $250 worth of raw materials alone
not to mention the time/labour required to hand lay the parts, and all the other associated costs, moulds required, rent, bills advertizing etc etc
a kit for $700 etc on ebay would no way near go to cover these costs

and if you do get one, pannel/paint shops dont want to take the job on to paint these parts, as of the poor quality, and problems that can can arise whilst there painting them and afterwards , or if they do most will charge you the earth to paint them

if you do get a fibreglass kit
try to find someone with one whos purchaced one and is completly happy with it, and find out there supplier

a lot on ebay, the pics they use may look good, but most ive seen dont use cars to advertize there work therve personally done

just a little heads up and advice

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
i used to have a fiberglassed vx clubby on my vx ss one thing to look out for if you get one made is after a certain amoutn of time the epoxy get very hard and any rocks that hit the corner edges (where they bolt to the car) it breaks them off. heads up. get someone that has a hsv build # and that will let you use it to buy a plastic one. :)

HybridAero

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Equipe
i used to have a fiberglassed vx clubby on my vx ss one thing to look out for if you get one made is after a certain amoutn of time the epoxy get very hard and any rocks that hit the corner edges (where they bolt to the car) it breaks them off. heads up. get someone that has a hsv build # and that will let you use it to buy a plastic one. :)

the aftermarket fibreglass bars are made from a polyerster resin, not epoxy resin
origanal v8 supercar bars are made from epoxy resins tho

the reason why they crack near the mounting points is because the bar is most likely thin, and moves a lot, and where its bolted is solid, and will crack around the mounting points because
this is one reason why to not to use thin fibreglass bodykit.

a solid bumper wont break as easy too if you hit something, and if it does break you will find the damage will only be in the immediate area of the damage, and resonably cheap to repair
the down side to a solid bumper is they dont have much flex and needs to be made from a good mould,as you cant flex them much to make them fit well

a thin bar will have lots of gelcoat hirline cracks, from the flex it recives when hit, and is a pain in the arse to repair as there time consumeing and fiddley to fill and sand, and the damaged area will be a lot more damaged

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
g'day guys, got a hopefully quick question that someone might be able to answer. I want to buy a VY/VZ Clubsport rear bar to go on my VT. Now will a genuine VY/VZ Clubsport rear bar fit or do i have to get a crappy fibreglass one??

Stick with a bodykit that comes from that model, i.e. VT/VX Clubsport rear bar:thumbsup: