Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy-vz crewman lowering

crashcradickjnr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ssz crewman/ vs ute 5liter
Hello just need a hand with something

I was going to lower my vz ss crewman (rears on lowering blocks) and noticed they have a centre leaf spring bolt that's in the alxe.
I wanna know what everyone else has done or modify to make it work. As it's a daily driver and need it done ASAP.
Part of me wants to cut the centre out and put a new one in so it's out the way. Or could I just drill the blocks to allow it to slide through.
Looked around and for the life of me couldn't find anything on it
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Just about all leaf springs have that bolt. The blocks should accommodate it.

However new players to Crewman’s won’t recall the issues of lowering and then having the driveshaft eat a hole in a now hard to replace fuel tank. It’s a delicate dance.

Back in the day CAPA made an alloy tank that stopped the driveshaft wearing into the tank. They don’t make them anymore. They do t have the plans. They are unicorns to find.

@yamahahatim has his sitting nice.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Hello just need a hand with something

I was going to lower my vz ss crewman (rears on lowering blocks) and noticed they have a centre leaf spring bolt that's in the alxe.
I wanna know what everyone else has done or modify to make it work. As it's a daily driver and need it done ASAP.
Part of me wants to cut the centre out and put a new one in so it's out the way. Or could I just drill the blocks to allow it to slide through.
Looked around and for the life of me couldn't find anything on it
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Any good lowering block kits have a hole for the leaf spring centre bolt to locate into and a pin piece on the under side to go into the u bolt pad.
The blocks MUST be this way to locate to the spring and u bolt plate.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1619472...6820&msclkid=132d181d827c1349953a7e75568988d7

Be warned, not only as Fu Man said about the tank, but also you will be lowering the u bolts closer to the ground and this can prove troublesome in some circumstances.

crashcradickjnr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ssz crewman/ vs ute 5liter
Any good lowering block kits have a hole for the leaf spring centre bolt to locate into and a pin piece on the under side to go into the u bolt pad.
The blocks MUST be this way to locate to the spring and u bolt plate.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1619472...6820&msclkid=132d181d827c1349953a7e75568988d7

Be warned, not only as Fu Man said about the tank, but also you will be lowering the u bolts closer to the ground and this can prove troublesome in some circumstances.
Ah. If I show a picture could u point out what u mean?
The blocks I have is 2.5".
However looking at it I'm abit lost on the centre bolt part. Because it looks like it's fix into the axle.
What I wanna know is if I could get it out and swap it around or if it's the wrong way
(PS never done a leaf spring before but learning as I go lol)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
2.5” without spring changes is going to get that drive shaft bloody close to the tank.

It’s generally accepted that 2” is as far as it can be pushed without modifying the springs. Even if it clears in a static situation, the drive shaft can touch when you get bumps or a light load in the back.

Let us know how you get on.